Company will not let me service existing policies

Those policies are either reassigned to different agents or being handled in-house. No idea what the company contract says about a request for a new agent. Some companies have no issue, some will allow reassignment without commission, and some flat out will not allow it. You will need each policy holder to request a change of agent, to you, and hope that the servicing agent agrees. You may lose the commissions however.

I quit receiving commissions on policies years ago but I still feel I should be able to provide service.

If the insured is going to have to get on a three way call what's the point in calling me. It's not the problem the companies are making this to be. I'm not asking for any top secret information. Just a simple form to change bank accounts, change address and change the beneficiary.

If the insured is going to have to get on a three way call what's the point in calling me. It's not the problem the companies are making this to be. I'm not asking for any top secret information. Just a simple form to change bank accounts, change address and change the beneficiary.

The point is you are going to service them or they are going to service themselves. Both ways take effort on their part. One way takes effort on your part.

If they simply call the company, a lot can be done online, They are an orphan. free to any sugar daddy that will show them some love.
If you still service them they should still be yours to farm.

You decide. Easy Speesey.

Wait, Wait, What state are you in? I would wager there may be an agent that would like to do a review and maybe AOR or replace these.

All those items you mention have the potential to redirect loans, withdrawals & death claims to other parties or yourself. So, being either the client or the agent of record or at least an authorized 3rd party keeps the carrier compliant with all the privacy laws & the printed legal wording in the contracts the client signed at time of purchase(ie: carrier will not share information with anyone other than authorized, etc)

Sucks, but it is the world we live in & especially if client is of elder abuse age

Back