Confused potential noob

Volguy

Hello all,

I am currently studying for my states P&C License. I figured the path was pretty straight forward but after reading this site I am wondering if I want to continue on. I currently own a small business and most of my work is done at night and early in the morning due to time zones. I need to get out of the house during the day after 3 years of WFH 24/7. I have been looking at different sales jobs that have decent work/life balance and thought insurance sales fit that bill. Plus there are tons of captive locations which will make commuting not suck. I have sales experience as well as account management experience. It sounds like working as a producer is pleb work. Paying for leads or having it taken out of your commission? Yikes. Ideally I would like to go work for an experienced agent who would be willing to show me the ropes and I'm not afraid to tell them that/walk away if it is a bad fit. I've also looked at companies like Liberty Mutual working as an ISR.

All insight is appreciated.

Can't advise the way to go.. I am not a P&C agent. But I will suggest you need to change your attitude about leads. There are few businesses you can run without some type of inventory and that is what leads are.. they are your business inventory..

Can't advise the way to go.. I am not a P&C agent. But I will suggest you need to change your attitude about leads. There are few businesses you can run without some type of inventory and that is what leads are.. they are your business inventory..
I understand leads are the lifeline of sales but why would I pay for leads if I'm mainly boosting the captive agents income? Plus your new producer makes what? Under 50K in most cases it seems. Leads are expensive coming from someone who has used zoominfo/discoverorg/etc.

Nothing in your original post suggested that you would be a producer under another agent.

How do you plan to prospect?

"When you're new, you make up in numbers for what you lack in skills." - Jim Rohn

Nothing in your original post suggested that you would be a producer under another agent.

How do you plan to prospect?

"When you're new, you make up in numbers for what you lack in skills." - Jim Rohn
hmmm. I’ve dealt with C levels at 500m a year businesses. This is chump change. May not be for me. The business side makes no sense. I would never pay for leads working under someone. It makes zero sense.

Reactions: DHK
You're probably right - it might not be for you.

What do you see in the insurance business that can help you to live your purpose? What is it about this business or industry that attracts you to want to be a part of it?

Notice my question. I'm not talking about "my commute", "my work/life balance", or anything else that's about YOU.

What is it about insurance that you can get behind to help other people?

If you can't find that... you'll be short-lived in this business.

If you only want to do it "for the money"... it won't work.

Let me quote Van Mueller (a 7-figure earner) doing this 4 hour State Farm training:

"From now on, every time you are in a home or a business, I want you to take care of those people whether you make a commission or not. This is the greatest service industry that has ever existed in the history of the world and you have an opportunity to serve everybody you come across, and I can show you how to do it so that you'll be successful, if you're willing to try what I am about to show you." - Van Mueller

By the way - he doesn't spend any money on leads either. :)

You're probably right - it might not be for you.

What do you see in the insurance business that can help you to live your purpose? What is it about this business or industry that attracts you to want to be a part of it?

Notice my question. I'm not talking about "my commute", "my work/life balance", or anything else that's about YOU.

What is it about insurance that you can get behind to help other people?

If you can't find that... you'll be short-lived in this business.

It’s the flexibility.
Spill the beans, who's recommending to pay for leads while working under someone?
from what I have seen on this forum.

Back