Congrats Card After Fact Finding Appt.?

Indiana_Adam

Guru
100+ Post Club
I searched to no avail to see if anyone had tried this in the past. I'm thinking of sending a congratulations card to each person after the initial fact finding appointment. I would write something to the extent that it was a pleasure sitting down with them and congratulate them for taking the first step toward planning their financial future(whether it be FE, LTC, Annuities, etc.), especially since many people never take the time to do so. Has anyone done this with any success or would this be overly pompous on my part? Thank you in advance for input.

I searched to no avail to see if anyone had tried this in the past. I'm thinking of sending a congratulations card to each person after the initial fact finding appointment. I would write something to the extent that it was a pleasure sitting down with them and congratulate them for taking the first step toward planning their financial future(whether it be FE, LTC, Annuities, etc.), especially since many people never take the time to do so. Has anyone done this with any success or would this be overly pompous on my part? Thank you in advance for input.

I use SoC and send a card to almost everyone I meet with, buyers or not.

I have always done this. I just started using SoC for it abolut 3 and half years ago.

I used to send a card to everyone. I've stopped that a bit in the last year or so. I still send a card to every buyer, but I don't send to every non buyer now. It depends on why they didn't buy. No bank account, for example, doesn't get a card.

I'm all for sending out thank you cards after the sale, but what is the point of a congratulations card after a fact finding appointment? How could it come off as anything but pompous, or even desperate if the person thinks you are sending thank you cards just for meeting with you.

I'm all for sending out thank you cards after the sale, but what is the point of a congratulations card after a fact finding appointment? How could it come off as anything but pompous, or even desperate if the person thinks you are sending thank you cards just for meeting with you.

Yeah, I don't send a "congratulations" crad. I didn't pay attention to that part. I send a "nice to have met you" card and thank them for their time. That is also the extent of my follow up with a non buer. I put my numbers in the card and they can call me if they want to proceed further. About 1 in 10 does call back.

Back