Consumers Energy MI retirees

With AON they are only required to buy a product like a part D plan and be eligible for the rebate. I’ve done several that buy the med Supp from me.

Good to know, thanks sman and Chazm! I am going to have to try and meet with one of them and have them contact the plan and find out the rules. There is hope yet! The financial guy in our office says about half his clients are 65 or older and a good amount of them have Consumers retiree benefits. If I have any sucess I will try to post an update on here at some point

Good to know, thanks sman and Chazm! I am going to have to try and meet with one of them and have them contact the plan and find out the rules. There is hope yet! The financial guy in our office says about half his clients are 65 or older and a good amount of them have Consumers retiree benefits. If I have any sucess I will try to post an update on here at some point

It's possible they have a flyer/brochure regarding the HRA. Many years ago the AT&T retirees got a memo about it. The wording was:

If Medical and/or Prescription Drug Coverage are purchased through the Exchange*
• Eligible Retiree - $2,700
• Eligible Dependent of Retiree - $1,500

If only Dental and/or Vision Coverage are purchased through the Exchange*
• Eligible Retiree - $300
• Eligible Dependent of Retiree - $200

Sometimes calling about this benefit resulted in more confusion for the retiree as the benefit rep would make them believe they had to purchase all coverage through them. I'd recommend seeing if a retiree has a memo or benefit package that you can review. This mat give you the answer you need. And if it's in black and white, the retiree will believe it and not be confused by some rep who is steering them toward the exchange.

Latest posts

Back