Contact Us ?

supersupps

Guru
I'm having my website built by the best.. He suggests the contact us link works by visitors having to fill out the usual first, last, name. tel #, email and message. I know I prefer it when I can just click on the contact us email and the sites email link is opened in my email browser. I am wondering what other agents are doing for indy health, and senior markets? PM me if you need the best web designer.

I am wondering what other agents are doing for indy health, and senior markets? PM me if you need the best web designer.

your web designer dont know jack......the key is a quote engine that emails that info when they run the rates they are looking for on your site......then sends a email showing what they ran...

your web designer dont know jack......the key is a quote engine that emails that info when they run the rates they are looking for on your site......then sends a email showing what they ran...

Sorry for not mentioning this.. the site will be having quotit from word and brown. Besides quoting , I was asking which is preferred.

Contact form is better than a clickable email. Unless you know how to change your default email program, it'll pull up Outlook if you're using Windows. If you don't use Outlook, then you have to close it the copy and paste the email address into whatever client you use.

Then...when they paste the email address, if it has "mail to: [email protected]" they have to know enough to kill the "mail to" part. It's not a great user experience.

One piece of advice about contact forms - try to make sure the comment box is big enough for people to type in a paragraph or so and be able to see all of the text. I've seen some really small comment boxes, like 100px X 100 px and it's really tough to type in what you want to say.

Last edited:
Contact form is better than a clickable email. Unless you know how to change your default email program, it'll pull up Outlook if you're using Windows. If you don't use Outlook, then you have to close it the copy and paste the email address into whatever client you use.

Then...when they paste the email address, if it has "mail to: [email protected]" they have to know enough to kill the "mail to" part. It's not a great user experience.

Ditto. Nothing annoys me more than a contact us link that pops up outlook. Very few people use outlook.

There are plug-ins for Wordpress sites that will give the user an option of using ymail gmail hotmail etc.

Ditto. Nothing annoys me more than a contact us link that pops up outlook. Very few people use outlook.

There are plug-ins for Wordpress sites that will give the user an option of using ymail gmail hotmail etc.

Yeah, it's one thing if it pulls up Windows mail - very easy to close. But for others it'll pull of the full paid version of Outlook which is especially frustrating if they haven't paid for it and it's a beast to close.

And I'm not plugin crazy. WP sites should have the minimal number of plugins to achieve the desired functionality. Far too many people junk up their sites with a ton of plugins. And that's great...until the author stops supporting it and a WP update comes along.

Last edited:
And I'm not plugin crazy. WP sites should have the minimal number of plugins to achieve the desired functionality. Far too many people junk up their sites with a ton of plugins. And that's great...until the author stops supporting it and a WP update comes along.

Im with you on that. My only real major problem stemmed from a plugin... and it was very major (Silence is Golden Guard... use with extreme caution).

I've worked on projects where they had over 20 plugins. Most of them for the user experience are complete wastes of time.

Site owners want their sites to do "neat" stuff - cr*p spins around, rotates, etc...that not only doesn't have any real positive effect on the site but can in fact leave the user with a poor experience.

Keep your site professional, clean and easy to navigate. One plugin for security, another for SEO, one for a contact form, then the list starts to get real short after that. I use a database plugin called TablePress for clients who want charts when needed.

Back