Contact Us ?

I've worked on projects where they had over 20 plugins. Most of them for the user experience are complete wastes of time.

Site owners want their sites to do "neat" stuff - cr*p spins around, rotates, etc...that not only doesn't have any real positive effect on the site but can in fact leave the user with a poor experience.

Keep your site professional, clean and easy to navigate. One plugin for security, another for SEO, one for a contact form, then the list starts to get real short after that. I use a database plugin called TablePress for clients who want charts when needed.

That is way too many plugins! I think I might have 9 or 10 max. And not all are active.

I would add "Ultimate TinyMCE" & "TinyMCE Advanced" to your list for us who are not professional designers like you.
It makes CSS editing on what you write a breeze. I honestly dont know what I would do without it at times.

That is way too many plugins! I think I might have 9 or 10 max. And not all are active.

I would add "Ultimate TinyMCE" & "TinyMCE Advanced" to your list for us who are not professional designers like you.
It makes CSS editing on what you write a breeze. I honestly dont know what I would do without it at times.

9 or 10......ok. Past that point I'd look at each one and ask yourself "what does this really do for the user experience."

And for CSS editing, I use Firebug. I rarely make changes in the stylesheet until I do it in Firebug first.

9 or 10......ok. Past that point I'd look at each one and ask yourself "what does this really do for the user experience."

And for CSS editing, I use Firebug. I rarely make changes in the stylesheet until I do it in Firebug first.

I only have 3 for user experience; form builder & the 2 CSS plugins (that go together).
Then its:
Analytics
Cache
SEO
Security
Text & Image Protector
Importer
JetPack

I have a sub-domain I am building right now, and I have tested different "user experience" plugins on it. Most are extremely disappointing, slow, & hard to operate from my end.

I only have 3 for user experience; form builder & the 2 CSS plugins (that go together).
Then its:
Analytics
Cache
SEO
Security
Text & Image Protector
Importer
JetPack

I have a sub-domain I am building right now, and I have tested different "user experience" plugins on it. Most are extremely disappointing, slow, & hard to operate from my end.

I always recommend a test site. It's a great place to test out plugins and monitor any possible performance issues or conflicts.

Also, any time a new WP or theme update comes out, always update your test site first. Then you can deal with any issues before using your live site as a guinea pig.

I always recommend a test site. It's a great place to test out plugins and monitor any possible performance issues or conflicts.

Also, any time a new WP or theme update comes out, always update your test site first. Then you can deal with any issues before using your live site as a guinea pig.

You have said this in the past. How do I set up a test site? I just recently started using child themes... lol.

You have said this in the past. How do I set up a test site? I just recently started using child themes... lol.

Well, I have a reseller account through Hostgator registered with a domain I don't use (meaning it's not a domain I'm going to implement SEO on) so I just created a series of subdomains where I test out different themes and plugins.

It also serves as my Frankenstein monster as I continue to learn more advanced CSS. I only use StudioPress themes, so I go here; http://www.studiopress.com/showcase and click the dropdown "browse by theme" to see what others have done to style their child themes.

Last edited:
Well, I have a reseller account through Hostgator registered with a domain I don't use (meaning it's not a domain I'm going to implement SEO on) so I just created a series of subdomains where I test out different themes and plugins.

Not the answer I was hoping for... but its what I expected... lol.

You guys are on target with the Outlook. I am not an Outlook user and every time I am responding to something and it pulls up my Outlook I just give up.

You can even do this with a baby account from hostgator. I have a discount code at Hostgator Discount where you can get started for a penny. Just need that and a domain (they're like $6 for .orgs at expertsrs.com or you can get them anywhere you like). Unlimited domains, unlimited bandiwdth, etc. After that it's $4/month for a year and $5/month after the first year. I know a number of folks including myself have had a great experience with hostgator.

Back