Coventry Georgia Rate Alert!

AndreaSti

Guru
100+ Post Club
Somarco - I think you are correct regarding Coventry. Found out today the family rates for CoventryOne in GA are incorrect on their online quoting tool for families. Seems like they just initiated family discounts starting with 3 family members instead of 4, which we knew already. They gave this information to Quotit, but forgot to tell their own system to do it. We found this out because our client, after applying, called us asking why the rate was higher than what we had quoted them by around $60 or so. We spent a good 20 minutes yesterday trying to figure out what we were doing wrong, and finally, upon deciding we weren't doing anything wrong, called Quotit and told them they were doing something wrong. Emailed Coventry to let them know about the discrepancy, which Quotit was working on. We found out later it was Coventry's issue. Should be fixed tomorrow they say. In the meantime, the one family who applied with them through us today will be pleasantly suprised when they find out their rate is going to be lower (IF they are approved and not rated up). And, if they fix it on the membership side, since their app says the higher amount.

Just thought I would let GA agents know. I just wish we had been alerted to this before we had a client thinking we were nuts.

The good news is, your family will either be denied or rated up to the point they will never know about the rate SNAFU.

The good news is, your family will either be denied or rated up to the point they will never know about the rate SNAFU.

Shockingly they were accepted in one day, and both parents are on meds - 2 anxiety meds and one sleep aid. The child is clean, nothing. This at standard rates. One of three things happened:

1) It was a mistake.
2) Tony quit selling them and Coventry is desperate for business
3) Paxil is free now.

They already knew about the rate snafu, they were the ones who pointed it out to us. We ran them through Quotit, then it sent them to Coventry and all of a sudden the rate shot up. They called us wanting to know why of course.

One of three things happened:

1) It was a mistake.
2) Tony quit selling them and Coventry is desperate for business
3) Paxil is free now.

Why only one of the three?

You forgot Hell freezing over.

As for Tony, I haven't seen any of his flyers in a while. Didn't he sell his agency for a lot more than it was worth?

Why only one of the three?

You forgot Hell freezing over.

As for Tony, I haven't seen any of his flyers in a while. Didn't he sell his agency for a lot more than it was worth?

I don't know. I thought his part of it was part of the bigger company. Anything is possible I guess. He would be better off pocketing what he has coming in (sock it away offshore or something) until all of this crap is straightened out (if ever).

Does anyone know any carriers in GA that are giving bonus payouts to its top producers? Would like to try and mazimize my compensation and have not heard of any carriers offering bonus payouts based on production.

They wont pay benefits so why offer it?

I have a healthy 47 yr old male no meds, hurt his knee playing tennis a cpl weeks ago, the doctor thinks he tore his meniscus and scheduled an MRI.

Coventry denied the MRI and said he needed 4 weeks of physical therapy before they would consider an MRI, the doctor has to have the MRI to know the damage!

So if the premium is $1 a month its not worth it if they will not approve and pay claims!

They wont pay benefits so why offer it?

I have a healthy 47 yr old male no meds, hurt his knee playing tennis a cpl weeks ago, the doctor thinks he tore his meniscus and scheduled an MRI.

Coventry denied the MRI and said he needed 4 weeks of physical therapy before they would consider an MRI, the doctor has to have the MRI to know the damage!

So if the premium is $1 a month its not worth it if they will not approve and pay claims!

Sounds like they need to appeal, which of course takes time potentially making the condition worse. Or, they do the MRI anyway, then appeal. But I wouldn't be the one to suggest that in case they still deny it. I can't figure out how these companies can go against the better advice of a physician in their network. What gives - unnecessary testing? That isn't always the case, and this doesn't sound like it here. Stupid! Not to single out Coventry though - we have someone on a different company whose emergency appendectomy is being denied. They said the client should have been more prudent in getting her condition checked out before it became an emergency, or something like that. WTF. Never heard of that with the appendix. We plan on helping out on this one if it doesn't get turned around. You may have to do the same. Just be polite with the Coventry folks. They tend to get their feelings hurt, might decide they don't need you anymore to sell their products.

Back