Crazy Consent Story, although ACA...

cador

Expert
So I call my Dr's office Monday as I am wanting to change ACA plans and I wanted to make sure the new plan was in their network (it wasn't). I asked the lady in the business office what plans they do take and she gave me a name and # to call and said he is way more familiar with those than anyone else. I "assumed" it was the person in their office that takes care of carrier contracting, they are a large group of 30-ish Dr's here in Houston, actually Humble.
I get in touch with this guy, asks me my BD upfront, which is pretty standard calling a Dr's office so I thought nothing of it. He tells me they do not take the plan I am looking at and tells me what plans they do take. He made sure I understood it was the Blue Advantage plan only, and nothing else BCBS, and Community Healthchoice. I thanked him, it was a very short phone call.
My agent had already renewed me with my current plan, local co CHC, knowing I'd probably change it for a 2-1 effective date once I researched it.
Frigging wow!!! I get an email today "Thank you for applying for insurance coverage through Community Health Choice. The FFM/Carrier has received your enrollment and you......", however, it's not my agents name on the email, not sure if I can list the idiots name here. So I call my agent, we get this guy on the phone and he's cocky as hell, telling my agent I called him and wanted to change agents, my agent asked him what consent he used, he said healthsherpa gave him consent, lol, we frigged with him a lil bit more then ended the call.
My agent put hisself back on as my agent, but WOW!
Never talked to him about ins, never knew he was an agent, but he enrolled me. Dishonest, fraud, against the law, just a crook. I'm blindsided, and pissed. He opened up my healthsherpa account and viewed my personal info and I didn't have a clue.
I called the Dr's office, surprisingly, the office administrator did NOT take it as serioulsy as I did, or thought she should. Said they refer their Medicare/ACA questions to him and a few other brokers, never had an issue or complaint against him. I said maam, he was not only dishonest, he broke the law, committed fraud, I wouldn't want him anywhere near your Dr's office. She politely said she'd talk to the main Dr there and didn't act like it's a big deal.
I've filed a complaint with CMS, they escalated to fraud and the fraud dept is supposed to get with me. I'm filing a complaint with the TDI (they are really helpful there believe or not), not sure what else I can do. The NAIC?

Every day I get a boiler room call from someone with an Indian accent about me aging into Medicare. Every day I remind these people that they need to inform me that the call is being recorded. Every day that person disconnects the call. Getting tired of teaching Medicare to India

Your District Attorney. This is wire fraud among many other things
Legal @ Community Care
Legal @ Health Sherpa include TDI complaint and reference contacting DA.

How do they change AOR without your social? It only takes DOB and Name??
That's all they need. You then answer a question that you have the insured's permission and you're in. He's got my SS #, income, address, and more.
He's already proved he's not a afraid of a lil fraud.
I do NOT like it!

At least you spoke to the agent. The agent that assigned himself as the AOR to my own plan never even called to say hello to me!
Yea, we called him, he didn't call me. Strange thing is we recieve a ton of email from Healthcare.gov, you need to pay, you need to pick this, call us etc. I normally only open it if it's from my agent. I just had a inkling to open those 2, and if I hadn't, we'd of never knew.

Your District Attorney. This is wire fraud among many other things
Legal @ Community Care
Legal @ Health Sherpa include TDI complaint and reference contacting DA.

Thx, I definately will file with the DA. I'm in the middle of returning CMS's email requesting more info, just redoing original post from here with proper grammar/english.
I'll follow though 100% because it pisses me off.

Back