Database I Would Buy

Nice site!! Its a bit more robust than I think we are discussing though. We are talking about a much more toned down crm that is more of a skeleton deployment vs. full fledged agency management tool. Looks like you guys worked hard and implemented a killer product, kudos!

That's a compliment worth it's weight in gold coming from Galt. I kept waiting for the punchline....

$50k???? that is still an under estimate IMO. Our Dataraptor CRM was spec'd out at $120k, and we finished well over double that and 4x the time frame. (while my sig says coming soon, it is absolutely available to our brokers now).

Why don't you update your sig to not say coming soon?

Seriously though, projects like this are a HUGE undertaking, you can't just hire some nerd living in his parents basement to put things together with duct tape and crazy glue. The hardware alone to sit this type of stuff on can easily be $10k+ itself, plus space at a server farm, or if you want to go the more expensive route you can rent it out from someone like RackSpace. I got a quote on a small machine from them for $1,600+/month. Fanatical support or not, that's a lot of cash.

With Dataraptor, did you mostly do everything proprietary or do you have integrations? Trying to integrate a cell phone app (an app alone can easily run $5k-$10k) with not just iPhone, but Android markets, then doing speech-to-text, syncing with a desktop calendar, lining up the linking to go straight to the part of the company website with relevant information (and knowing if it's in pending or not), and all of the "normal stuff" act does, my goodness, that's some work. The integrations alone are projects unto themselves.

Why don't you update your sig to not say coming soon?

Seriously though, projects like this are a HUGE undertaking, you can't just hire some nerd living in his parents basement to put things together with duct tape and crazy glue. The hardware alone to sit this type of stuff on can easily be $10k+ itself, plus space at a server farm, or if you want to go the more expensive route you can rent it out from someone like RackSpace. I got a quote on a small machine from them for $1,600+/month. Fanatical support or not, that's a lot of cash.

With Dataraptor, did you mostly do everything proprietary or do you have integrations? Trying to integrate a cell phone app (an app alone can easily run $5k-$10k) with not just iPhone, but Android markets, then doing speech-to-text, syncing with a desktop calendar, lining up the linking to go straight to the part of the company website with relevant information (and knowing if it's in pending or not), and all of the "normal stuff" act does, my goodness, that's some work. The integrations alone are projects unto themselves.

Very modular and adding in certain "widgets" has been fairly easy. Click to call--easy, automated text messaging--easy, email send services--easy. Created a whole quoting widget builder with advanced data tracking/tagging cloud to copy/paste into a site and be able to see how on and off site conversions are going per campaign. Not only integrated with a carrier, but did it thru an industry norm (agency works and soon to be smart office) case management platform to feed data back down to your client record to include all status, requirements, notes etc. but also commissions, renewals, letters etc. Added emcryped Amazon data storage recently so brokers could attach illustrations/apps/lab tickets etc. Advanced closed loop marketing modules so that consumer are in perpetual campaigns and your CRM is selling for you without you having to be a marketing badass building emails/campaigns/landing pages/lead capture forms etc.....all built out.

"Coming Soon" because I am being bum rushed by new accounts and can hardly keep up. Our biggest issue is breaking the onboarding process into manageable pieces that can be self completed. It is SO robust that it takes a phd to get started. We aim to have a much cleaner step by step video series done in a month or less. For the first 12 months, DataRaptor will be Pinney contracted brokers only. After that, it goes to the open market owned and run by a different company.

Back