Death Claims...

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
Just was finished having a conversation with one of my client's daughters. He passed this weekend and she was contacting me for help with the next step. I enjoyed Gary, we talked about fishing, cooking and growing tomatoes over the years, I will miss his low and easy style of conversing.

My purpose... I recently was told by an agent that he had never had to conduct a death claim for a client. I was more than astonished! (Not a new agent.) I cannot think of a single thing in this profession that solidifies what I do, or the professionalism that I approach what I do than when filling out a claim with a beneficiary face to face. I see this as a professional responsibility when asked.

If you are a new agent to this profession, your first death claim should be both sad and exciting all rolled into one. Sorrow for the life that is lost, but exciting for being able to help a loved one receive the fruits of your labor.

I've prepped a few of my clients before they dashed off to the funeral home with 25k to spend. That's begging for someone to help you spend your money. Some of the funeral homes in my area have really been know to put the screws to people.

I don't follow the obits, so the only way I know of a clients passing is if the beni calls or the company alerts me. I have made it a religious practice of putting my card on the fridge for about the last 2 years. Hit and miss in the past, but now I put it on myself, "right where you go to get the ice cream Mildred, so you can't miss me."

Some co’s won’t alert you. I know SNL doesn’t . I’ve always put my magnet card on the fridge. But I’d still say a good % of people call the company directly initially .

Some co’s won’t alert you. I know SNL doesn’t . I’ve always put my magnet card on the fridge. But I’d still say a good % of people call the company directly initially .

Agree... most of what I do is to do 2 things, continue to build trust and solidify the sale.

Most of the companies notify me. I guess I haven't had an SNL claim to find out?

But my experience is different on the family contact. The vast majority contact me.

But, I deliver policies. I help with any other changes, moves, bene changes, annual reviews on their government assistance, banking issues, etc. So they are used to contacting me anyway.

I make it a point for clients to instruct their family to call me first, before they make arrangements. I want to coach them to know what to expect, and to help them avoid being taken advantage of. I try to make it as easy as possible by having my card in the policy folder as well as on the fridge, and my calendar on the wall (and for football fans, I pass out magnetic Cowboys game schedules that have my business card printed at the top.)

It’s also a great idea to try to get with the beneficiaries (at least the primary bene) to get your business card onto their fridge, too (and hopefully sell them a policy)!

I also like @WinoBlues ’ idea of putting stickers with his info on the policy folder. Every time I remember him talking about it, I think “I need to do that”. But, so far I’ve never gotten a round tuit!:goofy:

Most of the companies notify me. I guess I haven't had an SNL claim to find out?

But my experience is different on the family contact. The vast majority contact me.

Damn Jdeasy it is almost like you are their agent or something!

But, I deliver policies. I help with any other changes, moves, bene changes, annual reviews on their government assistance, banking issues, etc. So they are used to contacting me anyway.

Jd-

how do you manage to find the time to do that?
Between Toolkit, my agency, my kids and personally producing I can’t find the time to do much else.

Back