Death Claims...

Jd-

how do you manage to find the time to do that?
Between Toolkit, my agency, my kids and personally producing I can’t find the time to do much else.

I’ve never had a problem with time management.

I usually deliver on my field days between appointments. But sometimes, like this afternoon I delivered policies outside of where I’m working tomorrow.

And got a claim form signed and the death certificate to submit to the company for them.
Picked up 2 referrals in the process. Since one was in the same apt complex I went ahead and wrote it today.

Answering my phone and taking care of basic paperwork takes very little time.

I don’t have any down line agents so no baby sitting.

I don’t have a toolkit thingy to work on.

I’m a producer. Nothing more.

I’m not saying I have a problem with time management. I’m saying there literally isn’t time in the day to do the type of things that a single producer can do with no other responsibilities.

I’m not saying I have a problem with time management. I’m saying there literally isn’t time in the day to do the type of things that a single producer can do with no other responsibilities.

You asked me how I had time for that. I answered.

you probably don’t have the time to work like I do.

I don’t have those distractions.

The last 13 days I’ve door knocked or tried to call near 300 mapd clients from 8-7 pm m-sat to make contact for retention before aep . I helped at least 15 I door knocked order otc items , get dental and vision providers mailed to them . I got tons of referrals for aep and wrote 7 life policys .I went over all their benefits for 2022 and made sure they were happy . A guy had me follow him on his lawnmower to write someone . Nothing on earth beats face to face and customer service . It’s very hard to get in your house . But it’s a hell of a lot of work .I get my son to hand write birthday day and Xmas cards . That’s 4 more business cards a yr.

I also like @WinoBlues ’ idea of putting stickers with his info on the policy folder. Every time I remember him talking about it, I think “I need to do that”. But, so far I’ve never gotten a round tuit!:goofy:

iu

This is what I use. It's an older model but it does a great job. I can get around 3000 labels for around 40 bucks. I have a my logo and contact info in a saved template and I past it on everything. I put my sticker on the very front of all company slicks I provide clients and all policies have my sticker on the very front page. (Black and White, no color)

Come to think of it, I don't provide any thing to the client with out my information on it.

Well worth the investment.

Note: Nothing says "I'm the real deal" than having all the paper you use with your name on it. I've even started putting my logo on the leads sheets when I print them out. I print them in color and have added a red stamp to the pdf. which reads "Office Copy".

Whether or not it helps in the presentation, it most assuredly helps me to feel more professional.

Some of those other things make referrals & new sales way easier than cold calling, door knocking & chasing purchased leads. Some of the pro Bono work pays the best in the end

I make it a point for clients to instruct their family to call me first, before they make arrangements. I want to coach them to know what to expect, and to help them avoid being taken advantage of. I try to make it as easy as possible by having my card in the policy folder as well as on the fridge, and my calendar on the wall (and for football fans, I pass out magnetic Cowboys game schedules that have my business card printed at the top.)

It’s also a great idea to try to get with the beneficiaries (at least the primary bene) to get your business card onto their fridge, too (and hopefully sell them a policy)!

I also like @WinoBlues ’ idea of putting stickers with his info on the policy folder. Every time I remember him talking about it, I think “I need to do that”. But, so far I’ve never gotten a round tuit!:goofy:

Wino also contacts the Bene early in the process. May be a group text or cc email with the insured, I know FE people don't have cell phones or text ot email, so the bene has all of my contact info. I have all of their info from the insured. Name,dob, do, info, jobs, kids where they live etc...

Back