Dental/Vision/Hearing

My opinion, and anyone else can do 100% whatever they think is right for them, is that if I wouldn't sell a plan to my dad I shouldn't sell it to a client.

I wouldn't offer the 30 dollar plan to my dad.

I already knew they were all crap. What I typically say is "besides getting your teeth cleaned, how often do you use your dental". Its 90/10. 90% say "every few years" and I talk them out of it. 10% say "every year I need something" and I give them the Cigna PPO, which doesn't have a waiting period with continuous coverage.

These are for the idiots that argue with me. Manhattan Life looks like crapola, too. But I need a DVH in my bag to sell, because I am perfectly happy to say "You can have it, but you can't yell at me later".

Looks like there is not a lot a difference between Manhattan Life and Ameritas, so I will probably go with Ameritas, just because the one FMO I use has it.

Caveat, not an agent.

One caution with Ameritas. The Ameritas networks are hit and miss. Where I am, they stink. I had an agent in northern CA tell me they were very good there. I would be unable to find the thread for you again, but sometime within the last 3-4 months, there was an agent that posted on the forums here that said they were very good in his home town, but in another area - same state - not too far away, they were useless. Don't remember thread, state or agent.

I am going to state this as fact, but please double check me, the Careington network includes Dentemax network.

In the last 4 months, I looked at around 5 flavors of Ameritas plans. No endodontists in my area, none of the 4-5 general dentists I have used or want to try.

Where I found plans that used the Careington Max Network which included the Dentemax network, I found several of the general dentists I've considered.

The UHC under 65 primary plans I mentioned in an earlier post have a nice premium range, without looking I am guessing similar to Ameritas primestar plans, and based on very limited looking in one Texas city for someone a few weeks ago, it looked like they had pretty good coverage too.

The UHC senior plans are a bit higher priced, but I am assuming they would have similar networking.

If I was an agent, in addition to BCBSKS or DeltaKS, I would be doing Manhattan and/or UHC rather than Ameritas just because of networks in the areas I would be selling in.

Back