Denture/Dental coverage & MA plans

Greenie

Are there certain carriers that generally have more comprehensive/generous dental coverage? What is the best way to compare plans based on dental? The majority of members I've talked with so far are frustrated with their dental coverage, the details of dental don't seem to be highlighted by the plan comparisons.

Are there certain carriers that generally have more comprehensive/generous dental coverage? What is the best way to compare plans based on dental? The majority of members I've talked with so far are frustrated with their dental coverage, the details of dental don't seem to be highlighted by the plan comparisons.
Are you wondering about dental coverage on MA plans, or stand alone dental plans?:huh:

You'll just have to put them side by side. It varies by location. The benefits are stronger in the bigger cities. Some the coverage just very basic, others have a $5,000 annual maximum.

Do you have access to CSG or Connecture? You can compare plans on there and even put them side by side to compare.

Also you might ask your FMO. Make him earn his money. :laugh:

Before you get too carried away, look at the waiting period for major work and a provider list. Some will disagree, but the list of par providers is a fraction of the total number of dentists in a particular area. The further way from a metro area the list becomes miniscule.

That’s not correct . I sell the tar out of United and Humana . The dental list in my area is extensive and even in rural areas good . My clients happy with it . Sure people with their own dentists won’t use it but it helps a lot if seniors .

Dental sucks in general.

If an agent is not getting complaints about their dental plan their clients are not using the plan for anything beyond basic benefits.

This is true across the spectrum of health insurance products, not just dental.

The only complaints I get are about premium increases. Even those are rare.

On occasion clients will complain about paying a premium and the plan "doesn't pay anything" towards claims. Odd how those remarks disappear once they have a large claim.

Back