Denture/Dental coverage & MA plans

Before you get too carried away, look at the waiting period for major work and a provider list. Some will disagree, but the list of par providers is a fraction of the total number of dentists in a particular area. The further way from a metro area the list becomes miniscule.
Hey Bob, in my rural area, Aetna's MAPD has no network. You can go to any dentist in the U.S. It's a reimbursable benefit. :yes:

They even cover implants. The problem with that is one plan has a $1,000 max and the other has a$1,500. That won't go very far on an implant. :laugh:

This guy isn’t talking about dental plans. He asked about MAPD dental. I like Aetna’s MAPD PPO dental. $1800 in reimbursement, any dentist that hasn’t opted out of Medicare.

Hey Bob, in my rural area, Aetna's MAPD has no network. You can go to any dentist in the U.S. It's a reimbursable benefit. :yes:

They even cover implants. The problem with that is one plan has a $1,000 max and the other has a$1,500. That won't go very far on an implant. :laugh:

$1,000 or $1,500 is typical of many of the stand alone dental plans I looked at.

This guy isn’t talking about dental plans. He asked about MAPD dental. I like Aetna’s MAPD PPO dental. $1800 in reimbursement, any dentist that hasn’t opted out of Medicare.
I just got off of a webinar, and I'm sure they said the opted out part has been removed in 2022.

Yes, I was only laughing at the max as concerned with covering implants.
yes, I understand. One could be joining the implant of the year club with that level of coverage.

That's one case when the association plan Travis offers or the company Sam works with would be of benefit.

I can't remember now if some of the companies also put a lifetime max on implant coverage like they do with othodontics.

yes, I understand. One could be joining the implant of the year club with that level of coverage.

That's one case when the association plan Travis offers or the company Sam works with would be of benefit.

I can't remember now if some of the companies also put a lifetime max on implant coverage like they do with othodontics.
Most individual plans don't cover implants. More of them are starting to "cover" implants @ a small %.

Back