Denture/Dental coverage & MA plans

I’ve had clients use the Aetna MAPD dental for 2 years now and they all said they got completely reimbursed up to the limit. Just this Monday another client told he he got refunded within a couple of weeks.
I’m not sure how it is next year, but in 2021 they reimburse for everything except Fluoride. Odd.
It’s not a %, it’s not based on customary rates and no deductible. There’s no network because the client gets reimbursed.
That said, I still don’t do a ton of that plan.

No payment for adult flouride treatment is consistent with the provisions of the stand alone coverage I have.

Starting in 2022 Aetna will have a network of dentists for their MAPD's. You don't have to go to a network dentist but if you do they will submit the claim and you will get the lower contracted amount so their $1000 or whatever their particular plan has for a maximum will go further. They are doing away with not reimbursing for opt out dentists which a couple people have discussed already. They said even dentists that are not in network can submit the claim for reimbursement. The clients haven't needed a claim form to send in the claim for a couple years. They just write their member ID# on the receipt and mail to the address on the back of their card. Best dental plan I have ever seen due to just a straight reimbursement of all claims up to the maximum.
I was just told that those networks aren't available in all markets. No networks in my area.

The two big things you need to verify when you’re comparing dental coverages are:

1. Annual limit for COMPREHENSIVE services
2. Co-insurance

Both of these are usually specified is the SoB if you read the fine print.

Back