Dialing for dollars

No way the average is anywhere near 15-20% close. Ask for proof in writing and a guarantee.

One of the telemarketer pimps was talking that nonsense then when pressed he had one agent doing what he claimed. And even that one agent said he was inflating his numbers with the hyperbole.

What Greg is not telling you is that you have to sell one very over priced company to get these wonderful leads he won't stand behind.

And what JD is not telling you is that Sr Life's Platinum Plan is one of the best rates in the country, and the UW is not all that strict.

Maybe 15%-20% on outbound calling?

My GA said 15-20% on live transfers.

What Greg is not telling you is that you have to sell one very over priced company to get these wonderful leads he won't stand behind.

As an agent we like to think that we need to do what is the absolute best for the customer. But we as agents also have a business to run. There's got to be a happy medium that is good for the customer and does not put us out of business at the same time. If Senior Life has something that works for both, that's a good thing. With all the communist google, facebook, and phone AI algorithms, everything is becoming much more difficult.

First, any projected closing rate given to you by the person selling the leads always warrants further investigation, just to protect yourself.

Second, the 15-20% number is obviously not impossible, (I am in that range on prequalified live transfers this year) but selling that as the 'average' does not seem like the whole story to me, because you are only counting the agents that remain.
---Fictional Example: Join my team! I have 10 agents and they all close between 15-20%.
What I leave out: I have had 20 new agents join and fail in the last year, they were all around 5% closing. That would skew the average a lot

Additionally a 15-20% closing ratio DOES NOT matter if your lead cost is out of wack. I know TV commercial leads close better, but at almost double the cost (assuming $68 for TV leads since I saw that on Digital BGA website, not sure what Senior life TV leads are). If I am already in the 15-20% on prequalified calls, I would have to close around 35-40% on the TV leads to make the same amount.

My GA said 15-20% on live transfers.

As an agent we like to think that we need to do what is the absolute best for the customer. But we as agents also have a business to run. There's got to be a happy medium that is good for the customer and does not put us out of business at the same time. If Senior Life has something that works for both, that's a good thing. With all the communist google, facebook, and phone AI algorithms, everything is becoming much more difficult.

I, as an agent, don’t like to think that way. That’s what I do.
SL is simply too overpriced to use.

And what JD is not telling you is that Sr Life's Platinum Plan is one of the best rates in the country, and the UW is not all that strict.

Simply not true. Post some rates and the underwriting again so we can blow it up again.

The facts always get in the way of your stories.

And I didn’t even mention the commission cut your agents take as a whole and specifically if they sell that product.

First, any projected closing rate given to you by the person selling the leads always warrants further investigation, just to protect yourself.

Second, the 15-20% number is obviously not impossible, (I am in that range on prequalified live transfers this year) but selling that as the 'average' does not seem like the whole story to me, because you are only counting the agents that remain.
---Fictional Example: Join my team! I have 10 agents and they all close between 15-20%.
What I leave out: I have had 20 new agents join and fail in the last year, they were all around 5% closing. That would skew the average a lot

Additionally a 15-20% closing ratio DOES NOT matter if your lead cost is out of wack. I know TV commercial leads close better, but at almost double the cost (assuming $68 for TV leads since I saw that on Digital BGA website, not sure what Senior life TV leads are). If I am already in the 15-20% on prequalified calls, I would have to close around 35-40% on the TV leads to make the same amount.

I agree. I have no doubt you are doing what you say.

Buy you raise the average. You are not the average.

I, as an agent, don’t like to think that way. That’s what I do.
SL is simply too overpriced to use.

Yes, I understand. SL may not be the answer but it may be one of the few options that make sense financially for a new agent. On the other hand the 5-9 policies written per 20 live transfers may not add up either. The odds are way against me I'm trying to figure out what works.

Your budget generally determines the type of leads you should purchase. Big budget, higher quality leads. More money = less time dialing, Less Money=more dials, don't go broke taking advice that is not specific to your situation.

Latest posts

Back