Dialing for dollars

So in a nutshell it looks lilke one of the best priced plans for healthy older people. Yes?
No. It is a middle of the road plan that is a lot stricter than most carriers.

I personally use a combination of AmAm, CICA, MoO, and Accendo,

I like AmAm for ease of use regarding telesales, but they are middle of the road pricewise. That's just the truth, so lets use them as an example.
---The rates he quoted are about 1-2% better for tobacco, and 10% worse for nontobacco.

If he likes them great. But when he gets on here and tries to say they are some amazing plan, thats where I have an issue. Like in post #67 when he says "The rates are some of the lowest FE rates in America. .....They're probably never going to be replaced based on price." when the hype is so far out of line with the product backing it up, now we are officially in shilling territory. Which is shown when he tells people to call him if they want the opportunity to save our clients money in that same post. how thoughtful.
-----If you are an agent with a pulse, you already have access to cheaper carriers with better underwriting.

Imagine I said "ok @tippingpoint I got a great new product. It has worse overall pricing than AmAm, worse underwriting, AND our commission setup will be worse. What do you say?!?!?"

Truthfully, the ONLY people who I can imagine tricking themselves thinking this is something special is the people who only have access to SL products, or people who are trying to push that carrier. Because COMPARITIVELY, yes, it would seem amazing if you only had access to their other plans before.

Last edited:
You're in telesales. I'm new. How important is a dialer? How many people do you have to have a conversation with to get a sale? How many leads did it take to get that sale?
Dialer is far more important if you are doing outbound. If you are taking inbound calls you CAN have them go to your cell phone. But if you are with an IMO, most of them will set you up on a dialer regardless.

For closing percentage there is not really a solid answer like "15% closing is good", because it depends on a lot of factors.

I only deal with prequalified inbound leads, and I am at about 19% closing for the year. When I was new, I was aiming to be at least 12-15%. So I think 15% would be a good goal for that type of lead.

But if you are at 15% on TV leads, that would be bad, because those leads cost twice as much as the ones I use.

Alternatively, if you are on internet leads/facebook/outbound leads where you are calling out to the lead, 15% would be AWESOME since those are way cheaper than the ones I use.

Last edited:
Back