Dialing for dollars

tippingpoint

Super Genius
Just curious, how do you final expense telephone sales guys sell anything with people answering the phone at a rate of about 1 out of 20 calls?

Just curious, how do you final expense telephone sales guys sell anything with people answering the phone at a rate of about 1 out of 20 calls?

Live TV transfers are the answer. 100% contact rate with all of your leads and you're talking to leads less than 60 sec old. No dialing and dialing and dialing trying to catch people. No driving aroud door knocking leads with no one at home or getting stood up for an appointment. Transfers from a TV commercial not some off shore call center.

Most of your time is spent having conversations with leads rather than dialing and dialing and getting frustrated. Never hear "we already took care of it" or "we changed
our mind", etc. After all they just called the TV commercial. Spending your time having conversations rather than chasing leads yields more profit per hour. Best FE leads I've ever worked since 1999.

Live TV transfers are the answer. 100% contact rate with all of your leads and you're talking to leads less than 60 sec old. No dialing and dialing and dialing trying to catch people. No driving aroud door knocking leads with no one at home or getting stood up for an appointment. Transfers from a TV commercial not some off shore call center.

Most of your time is spent having conversations with leads rather than dialing and dialing and getting frustrated. Never hear "we already took care of it" or "we changed
our mind", etc. After all they just called the TV commercial. Spending your time having conversations rather than chasing leads yields more profit per hour. Best FE leads I've ever worked since 1999.

If they do hear "we already took care of it" or "we changed our mind" do you credit the lead?

Shouldn't be many to credit since it "never" happens.

Live TV transfers are the answer.

I was told a 15-20% close rate on these by my GA who sells them. I know your company pays in like a day or two which helps cashflow but how does it make sense to pay say $250 for a lead that pays say $600 AP x 90%=$540. A 75% advance puts $405 back in the bank giving you a $155 profit before charge backs and expenses. To me this doesn't add up. What am I missing other than improving on the 15-20% close rate that my GA stated is what his people are averaging?

I was told a 15-20% close rate on these by my GA who sells them. I know your company pays in like a day or two which helps cashflow but how does it make sense to pay say $250 for a lead that pays say $600 AP x 90%=$540. A 75% advance puts $405 back in the bank giving you a $155 profit before charge backs and expenses. To me this doesn't add up. What am I missing other than improving on the 15-20% close rate that my GA stated is what his people are averaging?

No way the average is anywhere near 15-20% close. Ask for proof in writing and a guarantee.

One of the telemarketer pimps was talking that nonsense then when pressed he had one agent doing what he claimed. And even that one agent said he was inflating his numbers with the hyperbole.

What Greg is not telling you is that you have to sell one very over priced company to get these wonderful leads he won't stand behind.

If they do hear "we already took care of it" or "we changed our mind" do you credit the lead?

Shouldn't be many to credit since it "never" happens.

We never hear that on an inbound live TV transfer. If they had already taken care of it then they would not bother to call the toll free number at the bottom of the tv screen.

Making outbound calls is a different story.

Maybe 15%-20% on outbound calling? Is that 15% of the people contacted, or 15% of the total stack of leads being dialed once thru, or is it 15% twice thru, etc? Live transfers should give you about 5-9 sales per 20 live TV transfers, provided you've had proper training and you are following it. 5-7 for newbies and a couple more for the very polished. The ave monthly premium for telesales is usually $50-$90, for field sales $40-$60. I've been doing FE telesales since 2004.

Back