Did Farmers Buy Insurance Noodle?

G

I read on a different Board, that Insurance Noodle is giving Farmers Corp, all the Farmers agents who have signed up with them names....

Is this friggin legal?

WHy would noodle do this?

I see ALOT of farmers agents being fired over this.......

If captive agents produce outside their contractual obligations/restrictions, I would not be surprised if a carrier takes measures to counter.

I read on a different Board, that Insurance Noodle is giving Farmers Corp, all the Farmers agents who have signed up with them names....

Is this friggin legal?

WHy would noodle do this?

I see ALOT of farmers agents being fired over this.......

Why would you tell Insurance Noodle that you are a Farmers agent? Why not just pretend that you are just starting Indy? Seems kinda stupid to me to be so open about you going against your contract.

Its kinda BS but its legal unless it says they can't in the "Privacy Terms and Conditions" that no one ever reads.

Lots of Farmers agents use things like the noodle or superior access for access to markets Farmers doesn't write.

In the older contracts, Farmers allowed this. In the current contracts, Farmers does not.

Now, if they are turning over the business that the agent wrote, I can see a lot of Farmers agents getting in trouble, but just being an agent with the noodle won't get many in any issue, they are contractually allowed to do this, till they placed that auto policy with Safeco or Travelers for a better rate.

Dan

This looks like it has the potential of a decent news story.

I took a look at Insurance Noodles privacy policy

"Insurance Noodle may share aggregate information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties, though such summary information will not identify any specifics related to your business. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement."

It seem pretty clear, if true, it is a violation of the site's privacy policy, and agents could probably sue.

OP, is there any chance I can get a link to the board where this issue first came up?

Thanks,
Chad

Last edited:
All Farmers would have to do is look at the individual agents appointments with the state. Maybe some states are different but a lot have all your appointments available to look at online now.

All Farmers would have to do is look at the individual agents appointments with the state. Maybe some states are different but a lot have all your appointments available to look at online now.

Thats WRONG, not all states do this, mine doesnt

Actually, Insurance Noodle (and Superior Access and others) do not show up on your insurance frame, at least not in California. You have no direct appointment with the carrier, and as such, no binding authority.

Dan

Actually, Insurance Noodle (and Superior Access and others) do not show up on your insurance frame, at least not in California. You have no direct appointment with the carrier, and as such, no binding authority.

Dan

EXACTLY, The policies are all in the noodle or access's names, NOT the agents.....

Couple guys popping off on things they dont know about.

THIS IS A SERIOUS thing for some captive agents, I think Farmers is on a which hunt and this is a new way for them to see if agent are writing outside their contracts.

I still don't understand how Noodle can pass on this info.....

If this happens, I see MASSIVE lawsuits coming....

Back