Did Farmers Buy Insurance Noodle?

Why would Farmers do this though? Drive away the few agents that haven't decided to leave yet? They know this happens and its the only way some of these agents can stay in business. It is very hard to tell a client, "sorry Farmers doesn't like your risk, go down the street and give them your business". These guys have no other way of surviving.

I believe Kraft Lake & Insurance Noodle have some kind of business relationship. Since Farmers owns Kraft Lake they are using that to find out where and what Farmers agents are placing outside of Farmers that qualifies to be written in Farmers. If I were a Farmers agent that places business w/ the Noodle, I would be very concerned.

I believe Kraft Lake & Insurance Noodle have some kind of business relationship. Since Farmers owns Kraft Lake they are using that to find out where and what Farmers agents are placing outside of Farmers that qualifies to be written in Farmers. If I were a Farmers agent that places business w/ the Noodle, I would be very concerned.

Oh the joys of being a captive.

In the old contract, Farmers Agents could get outside appointments with zero issues and the new contracts absolutely do not allow it (which everyone already knows). The Kraft Lake/Insurance Noodle relationship is being developed and piloted right now (not sure which state) to allow the newer agents, such as myself, to be able to place the Farmers Ineligible with another carrier through Insurance Noodle without violating our outside appointment clause in our contract. I was told in the past two weeks that they have had great success and are going to expand the pilot program to a few other states before going "official" with it.

I haven't delved to much into the commercial side of the business since I have only been doing this for a year and still consider myself a "FNG" when it comes to commercial business. lol

Back