Digital insurance advertising

Who here is running digital ads into AEP/OEP?

Its been one hella time keeping costs down w this *** vs *** election going on.

Whats working and what isn't?

I've had my lead conversion cost fluctuate anywhere from $1.8 to $25. Scaling in this environment will be tricky. Ads overall are almost double the cost they were just 6 months ago :/

Luckily, once engaged most prospects are going through the entire funnel process. My funnel being a concise digital multi-short-video recreation of a sales presentation.

So while ad costs are hurting, I've managed to acquire clients for less than $100 on average :) i need that figure to be more like $50 to go gangbusters this OEP

Winning but not YUGE winning. Yet.

How do I get to YUGE winning?

I pulled my ads from Sept through the end of the year. Get enough organic traffic to carry me through the busy season.

Yeah good idea... as I grow big enough I plan to do cold leadgen throughout the year, then just retargeting to warm market during aep.

Unfortunately I don't have that luxury this season. I'm not there yet and still rely on fresh leads

I would agree with Bob.. Personally, I would really consider hitting up your current clients.

AEP you are working against all the insurance agents, and more importantly, the carriers. I considered doing an Ad spend, but I think it's going to be really challenging to get to gangbusters with ad spend right now.

My website is doing pretty decent as I did 4x more business than I did last year.

Most of my leads come straight from Google My Business. Bing might be cheaper than google during AEP AND they're used by the senior population more, demographic wise.

I've started testing a mail campaign that one of our members is offering to keep lead flow steady throughout the year.

I've started testing a mail campaign that one of our members is offering to keep lead flow steady throughout the year.
Are you pushing to webpage, phone number, or both?

I've considered using QR codes on flyers more as everyone is now used to scanning them...and you can send the user right into a digital conversation w yourself. Id prefer not to send in mail, as it costs too much imo. I'd prefer to pay my street army $17/hour to sit somewhere busy, give my 5 second sidewalk pitch, and hand them a flyer.

^^ its not digital advertising but QR codes use digital funnels just the same.

Are you pushing to webpage, phone number, or both?

I've considered using QR codes on flyers more as everyone is now used to scanning them...and you can send the user right into a digital conversation w yourself. Id prefer not to send in mail, as it costs too much imo. I'd prefer to pay my street army $17/hour to sit somewhere busy, give my 5 second sidewalk pitch, and hand them a flyer.

^^ its not digital advertising but QR codes use digital funnels just the same.

If that works for you, go for it.. I'm in the senior market.. QR codes are not something I'd do. Futhermore, street teams.. aren't really something I'd do

If that works for you, go for it.. I'm in the senior market.. QR codes are not something I'd do. Futhermore, street teams.. aren't really something I'd do

I'll let you know if it works! I haven't done it yet. I live in vegas. Street canvassing is normal here.

I do know that 50 cents per mail delivery won't get the results I need, largely because my clientele is younger and they don't respond to snail mail. Although given the dozens of senior (55+) communities here id bet some types of insurance would work great via snail mail. I will have to try that at some point too.

Are you pushing to website or phone number though? Or does snail mail still ask the lead to fill out a contact form and mail back?

I'll let you know if it works! I haven't done it yet. I live in vegas. Street canvassing is normal here.

I do know that 50 cents per mail delivery won't get the results I need, largely because my clientele is younger and they don't respond to snail mail. Although given the dozens of senior (55+) communities here id bet some types of insurance would work great via snail mail. I will have to try that at some point too.

Are you pushing to website or phone number though? Or does snail mail still ask the lead to fill out a contact form and mail back?

No, mine is all inbound. I don't ask for lead cards. I only work with people motivated enough to call or schedule an appointment.

Leads that come from my website go to a campaign and into regular contact through email with 1 call.

Back