Direct mail FE cost

Don you’re just simply make a lot of wild assumptions that are not correct. We use four different mail houses. The prices on any of them average out to about $36 for a regular Final Expense lead card. There are few areas that do not do that well, but they are the exception.
I agree with you RGI will always mail to people who have responded before. But the proof is in the pudding. I have agents who have been on a standing weekly lead order with RGI for over 400 weeks now. Even though they have plenty of other options, including Internet Leads and Facebook Leads. We have all sorts of leads. Many agents still prefer what has worked well for them year after year after year.

I don’t try to overthink it the way you are doing. You were doing the whole paralysis by analysis that is common. You’re afraid of what might happen rather than experiencing what really is happening.

You tell people not to make a lot of wild assumptions,yet you don't give all the details about what's on the card, age filters,income filters and so on.
You leave out important facts.
The only fact you state is the cost of the fixed lead.
How come?
Can your downline agents pay $36 a lead card for ages 62-78,0-40k income with life insurance mentioned on the card ?

Last edited:
You tell people not to make a lot of wild assumptions,yet you don't give all the details about what's on the card, age filters,income filters and so on.

How come?
Can your downline agents pay $36 a lead card for ages 62-78,0-40k income with life insurance mentioned on the card ?
I don't work with FEX. However, I do carefully read, scrutinize, hypothesize, over think, analyze until paralyzed, etc.
I could be wrong, but I do believe those filter details have been given before. I don't think they would hold back on releasing this info, because these details are not "the secret to their sauce" from their point of view.
Even if I am wrong about them releasing those details, I judge an IMO not based on what they say, but by the number of successful agents it has produced, based upon my definition of success. You will never hear an agency owner ever admit to being unsuccessful. All of them are guilty of embellishing the truth, to some degree. As a result of that, I look at the number and quality of what is being produced by them. How many are producing at the level satisfactory for me? Do they have integrity? Even after that, I may or may not buy into their philosophy, culture, or find some other reason not to proceed.
My point being, I have come to the conclusion that anything and everything that IS and IS NOT on the $36 lead card has worked very successfully for quite a few of their agents, whom I have researched personally. I, too, am guilty of wanting every lead card I purchase to mention something about life insurance. I don't like approaching people under, what can be perceived as, false pretenses. I would not want it done to me.
For example, don't tell me I can upgrade to a new phone for free, but when we get to the register you tell me I have to pay the taxes. Dammit, it ain't free then! You have lost all credibility with me and I won't believe another word that comes out of your mouth.

I don't work with FEX. However, I do carefully read, scrutinize, hypothesize, over think, analyze until paralyzed, etc.
I could be wrong, but I do believe those filter details have been given before. I don't think they would hold back on releasing this info, because these details are not "the secret to their sauce" from their point of view.
Even if I am wrong about them releasing those details, I judge an IMO not based on what they say, but by the number of successful agents it has produced, based upon my definition of success. You will never hear an agency owner ever admit to being unsuccessful. All of them are guilty of embellishing the truth, to some degree. As a result of that, I look at the number and quality of what is being produced by them. How many are producing at the level satisfactory for me? Do they have integrity? Even after that, I may or may not buy into their philosophy, culture, or find some other reason not to proceed.
My point being, I have come to the conclusion that anything and everything that IS and IS NOT on the $36 lead card has worked very successfully for quite a few of their agents, whom I have researched personally. I, too, am guilty of wanting every lead card I purchase to mention something about life insurance. I don't like approaching people under, what can be perceived as, false pretenses. I would not want it done to me.
For example, don't tell me I can upgrade to a new phone for free, but when we get to the register you tell me I have to pay the taxes. Dammit, it ain't free then! You have lost all credibility with me and I won't believe another word that comes out of your mouth.

What kind of credibility does someone have with you when you ask specific questions and they pretend they did not see your post,questions…etc ?

JD will come out and say it doesn’t matter what’s on the card,it doesn’t matter either the income or age filter. He will say that RGI fixed cost are great leads because they have the best data.

Don will say RGI will mail to serial responders who waste his time over and over.

I wonder what the filters are on $55 dollar lead cards in Ohio ?

Probably close to everywhere else. I don't think it's the filters.

I'm in GA and everyone keeps telling me that GA is a bad return state. I'm sure Newby would know.

What I do know is that my area is over saturated. Simply too much mail in everybody's mailbox. FE and Medicare.

What kind of credibility does someone have with you when you ask specific questions and they pretend they did not see your post,questions…etc ?

JD will come out and say it doesn’t matter what’s on the card,it doesn’t matter either the income or age filter. He will say that RGI fixed cost are great leads because they have the best data.

Don will say RGI will mail to serial responders who waste his time over and over.

I don't ask Newby questions, because to my knowledge he's not a producer. Let me talk to your agents. Don is a producing agent and on the consumer side of leads. Sounds like he's who you would want to listen to, especially if you are not getting the info you want from the other source. It's your money and you have a right to know details before spending it.pm
Why not ask JD via PM? I don't see him not obliging you. He may even photo copy a lead.
Oftentimes, it's not what you ask, but how what you are asking is being perceived.

I don't ask Newby questions, because to my knowledge he's not a producer. Let me talk to your agents. Don is a producing agent and on the consumer side of leads. Sounds like he's who you would want to listen to, especially if you are not getting the info you want from the other source. It's your money and you have a right to know details before spending it.pm
Why not ask JD via PM? I don't see him not obliging you. He may even photo copy a lead.
Oftentimes, it's not what you ask, but how what you are asking is being perceived.

Nah….these are open discussions. Nobody should have anything to hide here,of course unless you’re FOS.

How come?

Noah’s there’s no magic. Etheridge will tell you his cost to mail . At 1% retention that’s $42 a card . 10 or so states rgi is $42-$55 per fixed cost lead . Rgi’s filters are 55-79 . Nobody’s mailing 62-78 on fixed cost . Rgi is running mostly the “ govt “ lead in much of the country . One that says “ life ins “ will cost you $8-$10 more per lead . I suspect in some areas they won’t even mail .

You sure worry a lot about me. You simply have not been properly trained to sell FE. You have not been trained to work leads. You have not been trained to run a business. Now you will double talk in your private messages. Don't even try to claim that you don't private messages to me.

But you have not been trained by choice. You chose to wallow in self pity instead of doing something about it.

As for the leads, I do not want the lead to have life insurance on it. But if you do you can pay to have it one there.

DonP talks a lot of shit while over analyzing everything. And again, far more FEX agents do not use RGI than do. But I've told you, and everyone, that dozens of times. You just want to pretend ignorance to feed your agenda.

You were supposed to be some kind of trainer for your IMO. How the hell could you tain anyone when you have not been trained?

Noah’s there’s no magic. Etheridge will tell you his cost to mail . At 1% retention that’s $42 a card . 10 or so states rgi is $42-$55 per fixed cost lead . Rgi’s filters are 55-79 . Nobody’s mailing 62-78 on fixed cost . Rgi is running mostly the “ govt “ lead in much of the country . One that says “ life ins “ will cost you $8-$10 more per lead . I suspect in some areas they won’t even mail .

It costs $2 per lead to have it say life insurance. Professional FE agents do not need or want to pay $2.

Latest posts

Back