Direct mail FE cost

I don't ask Newby questions, because to my knowledge he's not a producer. Let me talk to your agents. Don is a producing agent and on the consumer side of leads. Sounds like he's who you would want to listen to, especially if you are not getting the info you want from the other source. It's your money and you have a right to know details before spending it.pm
Why not ask JD via PM? I don't see him not obliging you. He may even photo copy a lead.
Oftentimes, it's not what you ask, but how what you are asking is being perceived.
Yes it would not make sense to think Newby knows anything about direct mail since he has only mailed consistently for 26 years and has spent multi-millions of dollars on direct mail and tested every single type of lead card known to mankind with every variation of wording, size, color, offers, etc. lol

Here is the secret to direct mail, just do it.

If you think “life insurance” once on a card is better do that. If you think “life insurance” 3-times on a card is better, mail that. If you think not mentioning life insurance on a card is better, mail that. If you think free Wal-Mart cards is the answer mail those. If they are not for you, don’t run them. And on and on.

But the key is getting leads in your hand and getting you to the kitchen table. That’s all a lead can or should do. If you are getting to the kitchen table and not making sales that’s on you. Are you following your IMO’s training?

If you aren’t getting leads or don’t know how to work your leads, you are likely not with the right type of IMO. For face to face Final Expense, FexContracting is one of the best in the biz. Part of the reason is that our agents get leads consistently. And they do what works to make sales. You don’t see our agents hanging on forums or Facebook trying to figure it all out. Or even worse, trying to recruit.

He ain’t getting no 1.5% on any legitimate fe verbiage non teaser mailer . I got friends who drop all over the country with all the major lead vendors and it’s .6 to 1% ish avg on fe
You and all your friends combined probably mail in a year what one active agency mails in a week. Plus let me clue you in on something, your friends lie to you. If they have some secret sauce or some honey hole area they ain’t telling you. You believe every thing you hear.

Yes it would not make sense to think Newby knows anything about direct mail since he has only mailed consistently for 26 years and has spent multi-millions of dollars on direct mail and tested every single type of lead card known to mankind with every variation of wording, size, color, offers, etc. lol

Here is the secret to direct mail, just do it.

If you think “life insurance” once on a card is better do that. If you think “life insurance” 3-times on a card is better, mail that. If you think not mentioning life insurance on a card is better, mail that. If you think free Wal-Mart cards is the answer mail those. If they are not for you, don’t run them. And on and on.

But the key is getting leads in your hand and getting you to the kitchen table. That’s all a lead can or should do. If you are getting to the kitchen table and not making sales that’s on you. Are you following your IMO’s training?

If you aren’t getting leads or don’t know how to work your leads, you are likely not with the right type of IMO. For face to face Final Expense, FexContracting is one of the best in the biz. Part of the reason is that our agents get leads consistently. And they do what works to make sales. You don’t see our agents hanging on forums or Facebook trying to figure it all out. Or even worse, trying to recruit.
Perhaps you should have directed your response to Noah. He's the one who has the problem with you.

You and all your friends combined probably mail in a year what one active agency mails in a week. Plus let me clue you in on something, your friends lie to you. If they have some secret sauce or some honey hole area they ain’t telling you. You believe every thing you hear.

I personally mail 150k a yr . All together we mail 750 k . But that’s not the pt . It’s irrelevant wether you mail 500k or 10 million .The avg return rates will be about the same . I know for a fact all your agents aren’t paying $36 . Again like I said hell if I were making $3 mil plus a yr in overrides I’d sure as hell be subsidizing . Matter of fact if postage rises 20% from here you’d be a fool not to be chipping in to keep your agents dm level . This conversations about people who drop their own mail in the real world . There ain’t an fe agent in the country paying $36 on his own dropped mail . Even many of your agents dropping their own mail are in the $50 a lead area . By the way you list you have 3-4 vendors that offer fixed cost . Outside rgi and need a lead who else offers fixed cost ?

I personally mail 150k a yr . All together we mail 750 k . But that’s not the pt . It’s irrelevant wether you mail 500k or 10 million .The avg return rates will be about the same . I know for a fact all your agents aren’t paying $36 . Again like I said hell if I were making $3 mil plus a yr in overrides I’d sure as hell be subsidizing . Matter of fact if postage rises 20% from here you’d be a fool not to be chipping in to keep your agents dm level . This conversations about people who drop their own mail in the real world . There ain’t an fe agent in the country paying $36 on his own dropped mail . Even many of your agents dropping their own mail are in the $50 a lead area . By the way you list you have 3-4 vendors that offer fixed cost . Outside rgi and need a lead who else offers fixed cost ?
You live in your own reality. If you believe it hard enough it becomes your truth.

Noah’s there’s no magic. Etheridge will tell you his cost to mail . At 1% retention that’s $42 a card . 10 or so states rgi is $42-$55 per fixed cost lead . Rgi’s filters are 55-79 . Nobody’s mailing 62-78 on fixed cost . Rgi is running mostly the “ govt “ lead in much of the country . One that says “ life ins “ will cost you $8-$10 more per lead . I suspect in some areas they won’t even mail .
JD you're so wrong. You always attack me first. I think you try to over compesate because of some kind of insecurity.
JD you're so wrong. You always attack me first. I think you try to over compesate because of some kind of insecurity.

Good analogy. Used to know this guy in Tallahassee that sold cars. He used to brag by the pool at our apartment complex about selling 20-30 cars every month at the local Chevy dealer.
When the GM of the dealership got a divorce and moved into our apartment complex and joined us at the pool on weekends we found out otherwise. More like 3-4 cars a month.
Larry,the big talker walked with a limp,one leg was shorter than the other and he was born with a hair lip.
Nuff said .

The stuff you say about me and the stuff your new posse says about me are never said by anyone that knows me. And even ypu can't say I haven't been nice to you when you private message me. Now Noah, he's a completely different person in his private messages.
Don has a posse?

So, is Noah better, or worse in PM's?

Good analogy. Used to know this guy in Tallahassee that sold cars. He used to brag by the pool at our apartment complex about selling 20-30 cars every month at the local Chevy dealer.
When the GM of the dealership got a divorce and moved into our apartment complex and joined us at the pool on weekends we found out otherwise. More like 3-4 cars a month.
Larry,the big talker walked with a limp,one leg was shorter than the other and he was born with a hair lip.
Nuff said .
Noah if you think less of someone because they were born with some deformities, doesn’t that say more about you than about them?

You live in your own reality. If you believe it hard enough it becomes your truth.

The world I live in is the real world . When’s the last time you ran fe dm hard week in week out ? 12 yrs ? You sit in your office like a fat cat collecting millions in overrides. Hell at least Travis is in Nashville giving ridealongs .

Last edited:
Nuff said .
:laugh:

Latest posts

Back