Direct Mail isn't for everybody

Cold calling works! One of my agents that used to be homeless wrote $8,300 in a single week ... without spending a dime on advertising.

Most people don't want to cold call. So, instead, you can hire a telemarketer in the Philippines for $5 per hour. It's possible to get verified APPOINTMENTS for $5-10 each. Hard to beat that.

That's a good return -- care to share a sample of your script?

If this had been strictly a cold list, those numbers would be highly unusual. These people had actually been mailed, and did remember the piece, just had not responded, so I don't want to take credit for being a phone wiz, off of this list.

I do cold call regularly and make sales. I don't use a script, I sort of call and talk to them like they want to hear from me: Hey, good morning, I'm Jack Black, here in Bethune. I wanted to follow up with you about Medicare, Life Insurance, etc. to see if you'd like to review plans/prices?

Sometimes, the timing is so good, that they'll actually respond to me like "oh yes, I do want to talk to you". Those type usually become successful appointments. Other times, they realize I'm pulling their leg with the "following up" line and tell me to fork off.

If this had been strictly a cold list, those numbers would be highly unusual. These people had actually been mailed, and did remember the piece, just had not responded, so I don't want to take credit for being a phone wiz, off of this list.

I do cold call regularly and make sales. I don't use a script, I sort of call and talk to them like they want to hear from me: Hey, good morning, I'm Jack Black, here in Bethune. I wanted to follow up with you about Medicare, Life Insurance, etc. to see if you'd like to review plans/prices?

Sometimes, the timing is so good, that they'll actually respond to me like "oh yes, I do want to talk to you". Those type usually become successful appointments. Other times, they realize I'm pulling their leg with the "following up" line and tell me to fork off.
Years ago when I was broke, I cold called homeowner lists for mortgage protection. “Hi, this is Shonceman from the Soandso Life. I’m calling to follow up on something that was mailed to you recently...(etc.)...Do you remember getting that?”
A bunch of them remembered getting that!

Years ago when I was broke, I cold called homeowner lists for mortgage protection. “Hi, this is Shonceman from the Soandso Life. I’m calling to follow up on something that was mailed to you recently...(etc.)...Do you remember getting that?”
A bunch of them remembered getting that!

Yes, I've heard that works very well. Why don't you cold call anymore? I know it gets boring, but I use it as a time filler. You can spend an entire day just screwing off like that and pick up some sales, besides, if you do it all day, you will certainly feel like you've earned it. That constant calling, pitching, quoting, begging, crying on phone, it's exhausting.

Yeah, I have a face perfect for phone sales.

I'm afraid you would cut my head off, then spend time in your basement polishing my skull. :laugh:

If you can’t door knock are you really capable of anything ?!!

If you can take rejection at a door with someone looking you right in the face you can do anything

The empowerment of that very fact is the fuel I often run. And I don't just knock DM doors, I knock cold doors... no brag just fact.

Why is what Thedude said so important... you have to be able to sell "Cold", because you won't find enough "Hot" to live off of... until you build a client base large enough to supplement heavily through referrals.

New agents would do well to understand this before taking the dive... too many however listen to all the smoke that gets blown up under their dresses and ride off into the unknown to never be heard from again.

Latest posts

Back