Direct Mail Questions...

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
1. What are some places to go for a good, cheap, combo medicare/fe mailer?

2. Are there any DM companies that do the mailings and then sell the leads? If so, are these a waste of time and money?

I don't know what you consider cheap. Most of the mailing houses are really close in price. I haven't seen one in years that mails out and then sells the leads.

I'm looking to spend no more than $425/1000 for the T65/FE mailers.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I used these guys A Leader in Senior Lead Generation for Medicare Supplement Leads, Final Expense Leads and More! toward the end of AEP and got a 5% response. Most the folks had better retirement coverage, but it worked and it was very rural.

Have you used these quys for T65/FE mailers? I'm interested in doing older clients, but not sure how mailing to them will go. T65's are more apt to talk to someone because it's all new. If I could mail to 67-70 yr. olds effectively, I'd do it. Just now sure how effective it is to do before the AEP.

Last edited:
I checked it out. Pretty good information, but I'm not interested in paying for appointment setting, etc. for FE.

I want to do Medicare/FE combo in rural areas in OH.

Are you looking to sell in person or by phone?
The reason for the question is, if you're really as "rural" as your tone suggest and you aren't willing to travel.

Your return, either way might not support your objective ie there are only 39k total in Lima, Ohio no matter what, only so many are prospects and even less will respond to whatever marketing effort used.
If an agent won't consider going to Dayton or Toledo, he'll be finished pretty quick anyway.

You said you were looking for "a good, cheap, combo medicare/fe mailer" but are you referring to the material or actually the process of "mailing" the materials out?
Cause the materials cost aren't that hard to find and neither are mailing cost, so I assume you're asking a different question regarding response.

You also ask about "DM companies that do the mailings and then sell the leads? If so, are these a waste of time and money?"

Once again, are you only looking for leads in a very narrow "rural" area or will the company have a wider base to work with....the narrower the less likely you are to be happy with amount but then again I don't know what it would take to make you happy.

If you got 7 leads in your "rural" area and that's it for mailing for 6 months are you good or what?

Are you looking to sell in person or by phone?
The reason for the question is, if you're really as "rural" as your tone suggest and you aren't willing to travel.

Your return, either way might not support your objective ie there are only 39k total in Lima, Ohio no matter what, only so many are prospects and even less will respond to whatever marketing effort used.
If an agent won't consider going to Dayton or Toledo, he'll be finished pretty quick anyway.

You said you were looking for "a good, cheap, combo medicare/fe mailer" but are you referring to the material or actually the process of "mailing" the materials out?
Cause the materials cost aren't that hard to find and neither are mailing cost, so I assume you're asking a different question regarding response.

You also ask about "DM companies that do the mailings and then sell the leads? If so, are these a waste of time and money?"

Once again, are you only looking for leads in a very narrow "rural" area or will the company have a wider base to work with....the narrower the less likely you are to be happy with amount but then again I don't know what it would take to make you happy.

If you got 7 leads in your "rural" area and that's it for mailing for 6 months are you good or what?

I'm not oppose to driving. Lima isn't that far and Columbus and Dayton aren't that far either. The reason I'm thinking about rural areas comes from the thought that there are fewer agents, less mail, and greater opportunity to service clients looking for help.

So far, the FMO I'm working with that does MA plans does mailers for me, but I have no idea what the "message" is, and I've not been real thrilled with the response. I've gotten a lot of leads, but the prospects have been tough to contact. I'd stop by their house, but in Ohio we are prohibited from door knocking for anything Medicare. (these are not FE leads)

Cheap might be the wrong word to choose in regards to mailers...the reason I used that adjective is because all the mailers that I've seen look the same (I'm not real thrilled with them) and so I'm thinking pay the cheapest price if there is no difference in the marketing message.

I checked it out. Pretty good information, but I'm not interested in paying for appointment setting, etc. for FE.

I want to do Medicare/FE combo in rural areas in OH.

You may want to try doing a mail drop for dental, vision & hearing instead of Medicare. There is a definite interest in those services on the part of seniors.

It really needs to be a well thought out piece, not just a generic mailer. I believe that will get their interest and prompt them to return the cards then use that to either sell them a DVH plan and or lead into a Med or FE plan.

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed with the results you get from a Med and FE mailer. Maybe .08% to, if real lucky, 1.5% return. I think the right DVH mailer will draw a lot more than that.

Back