Disregard

Carlie G

I need help from experienced agents!! I have client who has had 2 payments taken within a 7 day timeframe from Aetna Accendo, now Landmark for Final Exp policy. I have been on the phone for 2 hours this morning....with 7 transfers between both companies. Nobody wants to fix it. Each company claims the other is responsible.

I just want the payment reversed and Landmark won't give it back. They said that anything they do will take 14 days. Landmark said to call the bank to send back pymt. Tried that...bank said they will have file a dispute which takes 45 days. Aetna says nothing they can do bcz account is with Landmark now.

Does anybody have a phone number or an email of someone important enough at Aetna/Landmark to get this taken care of?

My client is elderly, on govt assistance, lives below the poverty line, and needs to go the the gocery store. Should I pay out of my own pocket?

This isn't right. They took 2 payments within 7 days...is this legal?? I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for any help!

I know most agents here will totally disagree but I've had a situation similar where the person ended up with not enough money at the end of the month to buy food and I did make a charitable gift to them for no reason but to be a good human of course that's something you do just one time

I need help from experienced agents!! I have client who has had 2 payments taken within a 7 day timeframe from Aetna Accendo, now Landmark for Final Exp policy. I have been on the phone for 2 hours this morning....with 7 transfers between both companies. Nobody wants to fix it. Each company claims the other is responsible.

I just want the payment reversed and Landmark won't give it back. They said that anything they do will take 14 days. Landmark said to call the bank to send back pymt. Tried that...bank said they will have file a dispute which takes 45 days. Aetna says nothing they can do bcz account is with Landmark now.

Does anybody have a phone number or an email of someone important enough at Aetna/Landmark to get this taken care of?

My client is elderly, on govt assistance, lives below the poverty line, and needs to go the the gocery store. Should I pay out of my own pocket?

This isn't right. They took 2 payments within 7 days...is this legal?? I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for any help!
You can make a gift to anyone you please as long as it is not an inducement to buy.

Thanks for any help!

This will likewise not be well received, but . . . upgrade your market. Stop preying on the poor.

In the interim, take the advice offered by @rousemark (Louis)

I dont want to post the name but there was an agent who made the last quarterly payment on the universal life policy as the client entered hospice. IT was an underfunded UL policy and client was paying the minimum payments. Because the agent made the payment directly to the insurance company, the insurance company denied the death claim. Even though the 2 year contestability had passed, insurance company argued they do not have to honor the contract as it does not say anyone can pay the premium at any time. SO be very careful gifting here. You can gift without conditions and I would document that in writing. If you loan money with conditions, especially for a premium payment, you are now potentially making the policy void.

I dont want to post the name but there was an agent who made the last quarterly payment on the universal life policy as the client entered hospice. IT was an underfunded UL policy and client was paying the minimum payments. Because the agent made the payment directly to the insurance company, the insurance company denied the death claim. Even though the 2 year contestability had passed, insurance company argued they do not have to honor the contract as it does not say anyone can pay the premium at any time. SO be very careful gifting here. You can gift without conditions and I would document that in writing. If you loan money with conditions, especially for a premium payment, you are now potentially making the policy void.

Wow!

Do you have a link to prove this story ? I find it hard to believe . Over the years I’ve helped 2-3 clients as have others on here . You simply get a money order and fill it out with their name and policy # on it . The envelope has their name and address on it . The company assumes the insured sent it . I know the agent wasn’t stupid enough to put his name as the payor ?

Money Orders, I hear.

Edit: what Fire said.

Back