Do I Have to Put Every Single Doctor Visit on My Application?

The agent I was using had also suggested Aetna

That agent isn't impressing me.

If you are in a GI (guaranteed issue) state it doesn't matter. The application process you described would indicate it is not a GI state.

Roughly 35 states have a risk pool. Yours could be one of them.

Another half dozen have carriers of last resort and/or open enrollment.

If you miss the ride with any of the above, you have HIPAA.

I could really use someone's advice here. A few days ago I filed an application for an individual policy with the help of an agent. When I went over my copy of the application the next day more closely, I found about 15 errors on it. Many things that I just didn't think of when I was going through the online application with the agent. (We were going through it pretty fast).

I called the agent back, and told him I think we need to amend all those things or cancell the application. He said he's not concerned about all those things. Only one of them would he ammend. I expressed my concern that I'm worried the insurance company might rescind my policy later on if I'm not very accurate up front. He again said he's not concerned and that he's never seen one rescinded for that.

I'm very confused, because I've been on several discussion forums, and most people tell me that an insurance company can rescind your application for 'anything' you omit (even if unintentional), and even if its totally unrelated to any of your active conditions. My insurance agent is downplaying this possibility, but is he right? Or should I be concerned?
I'm just really torn as to what to do. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the application and going it on my own. Am over over-thinking this?

If you are concerned that is all that matters. You should cancel your old application and start a new one. Better not to give the insurer any wiggle room whatsoever.

FL closed their risk pool several years ago due to lack of funding. There are several FL agents here who will know what other options are available, if any, in addition to HIPAA conversion.

Can anyone answer this question below?

After considering all my options here, I'm seriously thinking of just going the 'temp policy' route until I get back on a group plan. Hipaa seems too expensive, Cover Florida has a 12-month exlusion period for pre-ex, and it doesn't sound like any carrier will approve an individual policy. And I might be able to pay cash for my ex. conditions for a little while.

My question is, if I do a 30-day temp policy after my cobra expires, (and another 60-day temp policy on top of that), will I still be able to apply my 18-months of creditable coverage from cobra to the excl. period of the group plan I 'eventually' hope to get on? Or does the fact that I'm going from cobra-to-temp-to-temp-to group disqualify me somehow? (Instead of going from cobra directly to group).

you will preserve your credits but I would not count on using the temp plan for anything other than that,,,,,and keep your fingers crossed that nothing happens.....have you tried Aetna...

you will preserve your credits but I would not count on using the temp plan for anything other than that,,,,,and keep your fingers crossed that nothing happens.....have you tried Aetna...

So the temp plans will count to avoid the 63-day gap from cobra to group? That was my concern, I wasn't sure if a 'temp' plan counted towards that. (Since, in reality, the temp plan isn't really covering pre-ex conditions).

As for Aetna, another poster on this thread seemed to think Aetna will be a decline based on my pre-ex conditions.

So the temp plans will count to avoid the 63-day gap from cobra to group? That was my concern, I wasn't sure if a 'temp' plan counted towards that. (Since, in reality, the temp plan isn't really covering pre-ex conditions).

As for Aetna, another poster on this thread seemed to think Aetna will be a decline based on my pre-ex conditions.

They have come out with new underwriting guidelines as of Oct.1 ....they say they will take anyone up to a 100% rate up.....I would look hard at the highest deductible.....

Creditable coverage is defined on a state by state basis. You need to find out if FL considers STM to be creditable before going off the deep end.

STM has a 5 yr look back on pre-ex. Even if you qualify you still have to figure out how to pay for all your meds.

Is there some reason why you have not contacted a FL agent to assist?

Scott, Aetna's new underwriting guides are no help. They are declining more now than before and the ones they issue have much higher rates that before. We have had the new guide since May. I am not impressed.

They would still decline him

Back