Do Not Call Registry

cnstrategy

Hi to all out there,

I am wondering after the implementation of the Do Not Call Registry way back in year 2004, how are the insurance agents coping with cold calling?

Does most people sign up for it in the first place?

Hopefully some veterans can comment on this.

Thanks!

Hi to all out there,

I am wondering after the implementation of the Do Not Call Registry way back in year 2004, how are the insurance agents coping with cold calling?

Thanks!

80-90% of the landlines have registered on the DNC Registry. Half the ones that aren't on it let the answering machine take the call, and half the one's that do answer can't speak English. Even though I'm registered...DNC sucks!!!

Hi to all out there,

Thanks!

Buy lists that are already scrubbed.

Scrub leads 90 days after the initial inquiry.

The reality is that most agents aren't interested in cold calling anyway so it is largely irrelevant to those.

One other thing of note is that since the DNC came out the changed the length of the registration. It used to be five years, now once you register it's for life (or until the number changes).

Buy lists that are already scrubbed.

Scrub leads 90 days after the initial inquiry.

The reality is that most agents aren't interested in cold calling anyway so it is largely irrelevant to those.

One other thing of note is that since the DNC came out the changed the length of the registration. It used to be five years, now once you register it's for life (or until the number changes).

Interesting question, what mechanism is in place to remove those changed numbers from the DNC?

Interesting question, what mechanism is in place to remove those changed numbers from the DNC?

Allegedly the FTC knows. The way lists get scrubbed is by marketers getting a SAN (https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/) and then download the list for the area code in question. I believe this gets reported to the FTC through the carriers, but I don't know as much about their inner workings.

I'm on the DNC list and I get calls all the time. I personally don't worry about the DNC list...if they tell me they are on the list I apologize, cross them off and go on to the next one. When I hear about someone complain about he DNC list I know they are in reality, afraid to cold call.

You can also add the fact that 30% of the people have let their landlines go. I remember being able to open up the phone book and call. Telemarketing sure has changed. Are your #'s different?

A little but my numbers are for ages 45 to 85, for example Florida I just scrubbed today, and there was approx 2 million valid numbers, and approx 800k were clean, I usually find it's about 60 to 65% on DNC, I think if you did all numbers your statistic is probably pretty close, it has changed a ton, but for me FE telesales it has had no affect that I can tell.

Back