Do these Qualifications Help?

commonmutual

Hello,

I was wondering if these classes and skills would be beneficial?

- 5 years experience in trading stocks (personal account)

- Associates in Econ (in the midst of getting)

- Currently taking Personal Selling course at college

- Took a class on Business Management

- Learned HTML 4

- Study business, fiance, and econ all the time

Any thoughts on whether these skills would translate well into insurance?

Hello,

I was wondering if these classes and skills would be beneficial?

- 5 years experience in trading stocks (personal account)

- Associates in Econ (in the midst of getting)

- Currently taking Personal Selling course at college

- Took a class on Business Management

- Learned HTML 4

- Study business, fiance, and econ all the time

Any thoughts on whether these skills would translate well into insurance?

Sure won't hurt but the more important qualifications are how hard you are willing to work and how can you handle rejection.

They can't hurt you. Probably not much help either. Good communication skills are all you need. Plus people to talk to.

Wrong question.

The question is: can you and will you prospect on a regular, consistent basis?

If you find hungry people and sell them food, will they buy it?

What's the catch? If someone is full, are they a prospect for a restaurant right then and there? Nope.

So, you need to FIND, SIFT, SORT AND SELECT people whom you will spend some time with, to determine their needs and how you can best fill them.

Selling is easy.

Disciplined prospecting is the hard part.

Qualifications and designations really don't make a difference IMO.

I've seen guys who have 15 designations after their name (MBA, PhD, LUTC, LUFTC, etc) that were barely scratching out a living selling insurance.

I've also seen guys who didn't graduate highschool that are pulling in 6 figures.

Its all about prospecting, handling rejection, closing deals, working long hours, knocking doors, etc..

If you can do all of that and do it consistently and do it well, then you'll probably make it.

The failure rate in this business is over 90% because people think this is easy money. Its not. Its hard work, its tedious work, and its also a helluva lot of fun.

Good luck!

All the above is true. Success in this business comes down to doing the hard work (prospecting) others don't want to do. Some great advice I got early on-Be friendly-it'll open doors and you'll meet more people and get more referrals!!! Go for the designations a bit down the road as way to improve yourself and hopefully help your expanding client base. Hopefully, you can link up with a mentor who will guide you on your path to a successful career. Good luck.

Back