Do Webinars Belong In The Offers Section?

Should Webinars Go In The Offers Section?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would have to say if it follows the topic, is free, and the person has at least 500 posts, I say let them post. After 500 posts, I think you have established yourself to post webinars in other then the offers section.

Just my $.02

The general rule we have followed is to let the community police "offers posts" except where it is a clear case of someone who has not contributed much at all.

I do think it is a good idea to have a webinars section that is separate or a subset of the offers forum, that way people could check what is upcoming, as well as have a mechanism to get rid of posts for webinars that have already occurred.

What we will do is set up a sub-forum for webinars. You need to have 100 posts to post in this forum and members can post a new webinar up to once per week. I will work with Val to try and automate it as much as we can, but it will probably be subject to some of the same limitations of the offers forum, namely that posts need to be approved.

What do you guys think about having the option to lock the threads in there so that there are no response?

What do you guys think about having the option to lock the threads in there so that there are no response?

well would kinda like to read the feedback of the people that attended.....so I vote no lock......

The general rule we have followed is to let the community police "offers posts" except where it is a clear case of someone who has not contributed much at all.

I think that's a rule that makes a lot of sense. I think you have posted something to that effect before, but have never been able to find the post so I thought I may have been imagining it.

I do think it is a good idea to have a webinars section that is separate or a subset of the offers forum, that way people could check what is upcoming, as well as have a mechanism to get rid of posts for webinars that have already occurred.

Will that pop up in the new posts?

What we will do is set up a sub-forum for webinars. You need to have 100 posts to post in this forum and members can post a new webinar up to once per week. I will work with Val to try and automate it as much as we can, but it will probably be subject to some of the same limitations of the offers forum, namely that posts need to be approved.

Some of the sites I work with have a "trusted" list, where what they do is auto-approved. Maybe one of the perks of the 1,000 post + crowd and/or something that can be activated as a courtesy for those of us that are active here?

I think that's going to hurt the discussion. I think people do have questions about the webinars before they commit and I think the discussion portions of those can be very helpful and productive. There is the whole issue of things being moderated on that, but the discussion itself I think helps folks decide if they want to spend the time on there and it helps the host get more attention.

Just my two cents.

I like the idea of a specific webinar forum with posts being approved. It would tend to work like the offers section where spammers are pretty much excluded.

I think locking is a good idea after the event date as this would be more of an annoucement rather than a discussion forum.

Great idea.

Rick
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I would have to say if it follows the topic, is free, and the person has at least 500 posts, I say let them post. After 500 posts, I think you have established yourself to post webinars in other then the offers section.

Just my $.02

I think they need at least 2,500 posts. Unless you eventually get there, then we more it to 3,000.

Rick

Last edited:
Locking the thread after the event date wouldn't give people a chance to post reviews.

That's a good point but I worry about people posting good or bad reviews based upon whether they like or dislike the person/imo/assn doing the webinar.

I've changed my mind and now agree that the thread does not need to be locked unless it is abused.

Rick

Back