Do Webinars Belong In The Offers Section?

Should Webinars Go In The Offers Section?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL.
I realize I'm fighting Congress here, but is there ALWAYS a direct proportion between the number of posts someone has posted, and the value of what they have to say?

The thing is it's a large enough sampling for folks to know what the person is about. If you're on here long enough you get a feel for the place, what to expect, and if you've invested that much time in it you probably have learned to have at least some respect for it.

The thing is it's a large enough sampling for folks to know what the person is about. If you're on here long enough you get a feel for the place, what to expect, and if you've invested that much time in it you probably have learned to have at least some respect for it.
I get that, but I wonder if there is not some other way to test this. Some agents may have a higher threshold of message importance than others... meaning this policy might actually be chopping off some valuable input from some agents that only post occasionally - but when they do, they're respectful.
Maybe a short online quiz to pass (rules of forum, etc) that gives them a certain content-admin designation, and allows them to do something different than the huddled masses.

I get that, but I wonder if there is not some other way to test this. Some agents may have a higher threshold of message importance than others... meaning this policy might actually be chopping off some valuable input from some agents that only post occasionally - but when they do, they're respectful.
Maybe a short online quiz to pass (rules of forum, etc) that gives them a certain content-admin designation, and allows them to do something different than the huddled masses.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but that would probably add more of an administrative burden to the forum gods and I think that trumps everything. The reality is that we're guests here on a free forum that Sam is generous enough to host. Personally, I think it's a great place and I would and have been on here even without selling anything, but it's also difficult to ignore that this is a great place to get free advertising so I'm incline to want to make it as easy as possible for the powers that be to run this site.

Second. Maybe lock it after a couple of weeks.

I vote no lock as well. I want to know if an upcoming webinar is put on by someone who is known to waste time promoting themselves vs. giving good info. I also want to be able to leave feedback if I like/dislike something.

I'll agree, what if there could be follow up info regarding the webinar, if it's locked you cannot provide additional value.

Awesome that we're breaking new ground on here.

I agree that locking the posts after the event does not let people give feedback, but not locking leaves the door open for a heated debate...

I say if people want to know about the webinar, attend one, then they can post their opinions on the next one before the event occurs.

I don't know...just throwing ideas out there and seeing what sticks. The filter from brain to mouth (or fingers) rusted away many years ago.

Rob - I like the fact we are shaking things up with this post.

Rick - I agree...who could disagree with that! Is that a double negative?

Back