Does any good dental plan cover inplants

Individual dental plans can’t cover large stuff because they would be adverse selected too much. People would be willing to pay a large premium for a plan with a lot of coverage because they all know they would cancel it after the dental work was done. Every insurance company knows this.

Aetna's Plus plan just raised their' to $5K. Manhattan's is less money.

If I am seeing it correctly they pay at 20% in 1st year up to $1500 lifetime on implants

Still the rest benefits look good and pricing similar to Manhattan life, with higher annual max

what's the downside to Aetna?

If I am seeing it correctly they pay at 20% in 1st year up to $1500 lifetime on implants

Still the rest benefits look good and pricing similar to Manhattan life, with higher annual max

what's the downside to Aetna?
Yes 20% 1st year. Up to $5K ($1,500 lifetime max. on implants). Both plans offer $5K.

The only advantage Aetna has, is if you've already been seen by a dentist for a condition, is there's no waiting period for pre-existing conditions, Manhattan has a 12 month wait...if you haven't seen a dentist, then Manhattan has no waiting period.

It's basically the same policy, but Manhattan pays $750 per ear per year, Aetna pays $500 per year. With Manhattan, the vision and hearing benefits are optional.

Manhattan offers a $0 deductible, or $100 deductible...Aetna has a $100 deductible. Manhattan's is less money, even with $0 deductible.

Manhattan pays quickly and easier to deal with. Aetna's is administered by Careington.

So what do you tell people to do then?

When someone asks me about dental, my 1st question is What work do you need done? 97 times out of 100 the response is cleanings. Basically, they're asking because they had dental on the group plan they are leaving. I tell them that having dental insurance for cleanings is a bad use of their premium dollars and even if they needed major work, dental insurance is not that great of a value.

Not to mention, some of the biggest drain on my time has been with dental clients complaining about networks and claims, after the fact.

That said, I am a fan of dental discount plans and use one myself.

Implants are for people that can afford to pay cash for them... Getting them in the US or even Mexico is very expensive and getting them through insurance is a waste of time unless you need like 1 implant. My partner actually traveled to Thailand to get hers done $35k for the entire mouth, would have been 50k out here in the US.

That's not as much a discount as I would expect to go to a country like Thailand to get it done

Honestly would have thought it be less then half,

For not that much more get it done here and at least if something goes wrong someone is liable

That's not as much a discount as I would expect to go to a country like Thailand to get it done

Honestly would have thought it be less then half,

For not that much more get it done here and at least if something goes wrong someone is liable

Thailand is a beautiful country, cheap too! Made a vacation out of it.

Implants are for people that can afford to pay cash for them... Getting them in the US or even Mexico is very expensive and getting them through insurance is a waste of time unless you need like 1 implant. My partner actually traveled to Thailand to get hers done $35k for the entire mouth, would have been 50k out here in the US.

Did she have all 32 teeth done as individuals? That's the only way I can see it being that much. If she did have them all done, why not just get the whole denture? Would have cost less than 10K.

Did she have all 32 teeth done as individuals? That's the only way I can see it being that much. If she did have them all done, why not just get the whole denture? Would have cost less than 10K.

She did them individually. I also pushed for fixed dentures but this was cosmetic not really needed and ya know, happy wife happy life.

When someone asks me about dental, my 1st question is What work do you need done? .
My results vary. My first question is, “ Do you have any pre-existing conditions?” They usually have just come from the dentist and need $1000’s of dollars in work done.
I don’t have time for this nonsense. I point them to my website to pick a plan and apply.

Back