Does the Company Really Matter in Med Sups?

sirherbie

Guru
1000 Post Club
I don't sell med sups but i'm starting to get many people asking me about them so its time to start learning it. All these co's like new era and oxford selling against giants like Aetna united health care and the Blues. Do all the co's pay claims the same? Do these small no name co's slow pay at times and say charges are outside what medicare approves? Are people wary to switch to no name outfits?In Fe the co's meaningless as the claim is down the road usually but with med sups claims will appear quickly.

Study and know what your asking.

No, if the client is sitting across the desk from me, the company don't matter. They are buying me as the expert, company could be Jack-n-Jill insurance Co.

I 100% disagree. I have their insurance which will be used time and time again. Since I don't sell med sups do all these co's pretty much pay claims at the same speed? It matters huge as if some co's stall on claims i'll be bogged down in customer service. Again does the company you sell really make a difference? As a salesman I must have confidence in what i'm selling.

I 100% disagree. I have their insurance which will be used time and time again. Since I don't sell med sups do all these co's pretty much pay claims at the same speed? It matters huge as if some co's stall on claims i'll be bogged down in customer service. Again does the company you sell really make a difference? As a salesman I must have confidence in what i'm selling.

They all pay the same. Some faster than others, but they pay the provider, not your client. (Unless you select otherwise with equitable).

What matter is the premiums, history of premium increases and commission

The only thing clients and you should worry about is the price of the med supp and their rate history.

The only thing clients and you should worry about is the price of the med supp and their rate history.

Banker's agent recently told my client that their hi priced med supps are better then very competitively priced med sups like UHC because Banker's agents offer concierge claims service.

My client said he thought it was a little weird that an agent would have to get that involved with his health insurance

Banker's agent recently told my client that their hi priced med supps are better then very competitively priced med sups like UHC because Banker's agents offer concierge claims service. My client said he thought it was a little weird that an agent would have to get that involved with his health insurance

Don't believe anything a Bankers agent say... Lol

What Gordon is saying is that he is an expert and his clients trust him. Secondly it's up to Medicare whether or not a claim is paid. Chaz is right, only thing that matters is premium and rate increase history.

You don't know enough to even have an opinion on the subject.

Back