Does the Company Really Matter in Med Sups?

I 100% disagree. I have their insurance which will be used time and time again. Since I don't sell med sups do all these co's pretty much pay claims at the same speed? It matters huge as if some co's stall on claims i'll be bogged down in customer service. Again does the company you sell really make a difference? As a salesman I must have confidence in what i'm selling.

You asked a question and received a correct answer. You have absolutely zero experience yet you disagree.

Maybe you should educate yourself and listen to those who actually know what they're talking out.

I have a great idea. Spend $20 and join an association where you can learn. But I'm sure you'll disagree with that as well.

Rick

Because the poster who responded never said that all claims are paid no matter who the company is. So what all of you are telling me its irrelevant wether the client buys New Era or Aetna. The claims are paid by what medicare approves no matter who the company is. If the company goes under that also means zip as the clients have a guaranteed conversion to another carrier. So job is finding the carrier with the best combo of rates and rate history. I know Mutual of Omaha is not on that list.

You asked a question and received a correct answer. You have absolutely zero experience yet you disagree. Maybe you should educate yourself and listen to those who actually know what they're talking out. I have a great idea. Spend $20 and join an association where you can learn. But I'm sure you'll disagree with that as well. Rick

Not just disagree, 100% disagree... Haha

I don't sell med sups but i'm starting to get many people asking me about them so its time to start learning it. All these co's like new era and oxford selling against giants like Aetna united health care and the Blues. Do all the co's pay claims the same? Do these small no name co's slow pay at times and say charges are outside what medicare approves? Are people wary to switch to no name outfits?In Fe the co's meaningless as the claim is down the road usually but with med sups claims will appear quickly.

The worst one and the best one are exactly equal.

Because the poster who responded never said that all claims are paid no matter who the company is. So what all of you are telling me its irrelevant wether the client buys New Era or Aetna. The claims are paid by what medicare approves no matter who the company is. If the company goes under that also means zip as the clients have a guaranteed conversion to another carrier. So job is finding the carrier with the best combo of rates and rate history. I know Mutual of Omaha is not on that list.

Also Underwriting an experienced agent can save time and stress. being able to place the hard cases with the right company to get approved

Banker's agent recently told my client that their hi priced med supps are better then very competitively priced med sups like UHC because Banker's agents offer concierge claims service. My client said he thought it was a little weird that an agent would have to get that involved with his health insurance

I was trained by great American senior benefits, now ASB, and they trained us the same way. At the time we had GASB med supps and we were told to tell clients that we had the best customer service because you could call me and not some 1800 number. Well that's true of any agent. We were told we were weak salesmen if we sold the cheaply priced UHC supp and we were doing them a disservice.
I learned from this site a year later it was all lies.

Herbie is asking the wrong question when it comes to claims.

Ask which carriers generate the most customer complaints regarding claim payment

Back