Door Knocking Stories

goillini52

MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!
5000 Post Club
We've got a Bacon Thread, why not a Door Knocking Thread?

I was doorknocking Med Supp DM leads yesterday and had a couple of odd/funny type calls.

The 1st odd one, the lady answers the door and she said to wait a minute while her husband gets dressed. Then she let me in while he was getting dressed. I told her that he didn't have to get dressed, that I've talked insurance with guys in their undewear before...but only when their wives were present.

She told me to sit in the green chair, it was the best one. I started work my way through the "path"(mild hoarders)and I'd gotten half way to the green chair when the husband comes into the room and says, "before you get too comfortable, I should tell you that we have bed bugs". I immediately thought of Josh Jones...hahaha. :shocked:

I told him not to take offense, but I'd just stand. I didn't stand long. She has Wellcare and is on dialysis. He had a UHC Med Supp, takes 170 units of inslin a day and has Neuropathy. I could've replaced his dental policy, but I wasn't getting bed bugs over a dental policy. I wished them luck with the bed bugs and told them I'd be itching the rest of the day.

When I got home the garage door was up. I pulled in and shut the door and started taking my clothes off. mYy wife opened the door to see why I shut the garage door, then wondered why I was taking my clothes off. I told her about the bed bugs and that I didn't sit down, but wasn't taking any chances. She got a horrified look on her face and shut the door, ten she opened the door again and told me to put my clothes in the washing machine. She had the washing machine going before I could step in the shower. After she had the situation under contol, she started laughing about it. :laugh:

The next odd one, I went in an enlosed front porch and knocked. This large ghoulish looking 400 pound woman came to the door(must've been his daughter). I showed her the card and she said she'd see if he felt like talking to me and shut the door.

After more than 5 minutes, and I was wondering if she was coming back. :twitchy:I'm thinking that's a new way to get rid of salesmen and maybe they keep track to see how long those *** salemen will stand there. I knocked on the door again and she said he was upstairs and would be down in a minute.

He came out and he's tired of MA and wants a Med Supp. Might be a sale

He thought he had $175,000 policy with Colonial Penn for about $10 a month which was important because he was in really, really, I mean really bad shape due to COPD.

Hmm... don't think so, but I decided like a dummy to help him because he seem like a decent guy... so I ask if we could call his insurance company to confirm what I explained to him could not be true. Just then I looked down by the side of his chair and saw a .357 in a holster. It was turned in such a way that I could clearly see that it was fully loaded. (This was not a DM lead, I was knocking an area while I waited for a client to finish picking up some medications.) ...perhaps at this moment I should have had him pick some up for me.

I took note of the fire arm, made a reference about it to the prospect and informed him that the information that he would be getting would not be what he wanted to hear, but if he reached for the gun I was either going after him or out the door... I then smiled but looked directly in to his eyes. He smiled.

In the presence of his drunk Indian friend and wife, we called Colonial on speaker phone and discovered that his $175K policy was GI plan for $1075 and he was only in the first 4 months of the plan...:shocked: surprise, surprise. For being chair bound, if the customer service rep. from Colonial had been there, I think he would have used the gun on her.

His Indian friend eventually left and the prospect reached over on the side of his chair where the gun lay and pulled out a bottle of scotch... he offered to me a drink of the good stuff since his friend had left. :laugh:

I sold 2 policies that day, one to him and one to his wife... with an option to offer a plan to a special needs son who lives with them.

I don't remember a time where there was more stress during one of my presentations...

Well, unless it was the time I worked with a husband and wife who almost came to blows while I was conducting an interview...:wacko:... but that is a story for another time.

When I first started I worked at AGLA I was cold calling and knocked on a front door the lady that answered absolutely ripped me a new one. Being young and determined I knocked on the back door and before she said anything I told her I hope your nicer than the lady that answered the front door, she then started laughing. She ended up buying and became one of my best customers for referrals. She has since passed away but I still have her kids grandkids and other family members still as clients.

When I first started I worked at AGLA I was cold calling and knocked on a front door the lady that answered absolutely ripped me a new one. Being young and determined I knocked on the back door and before she said anything I told her I hope your nicer than the lady that answered the front door, she then started laughing. She ended up buying and became one of my best customers for referrals. She has since passed away but I still have her kids grandkids and other family members still as clients.

I loved that story.

Oh yeah, DHK, I had a door knock like that once! The stairs leading up to the mobile home were so worn, I was afraid to put any weight on them, so I had to lean WAY in to knock. After I knocked and knocked, I soon realized I'd been porched. As I was about to drive off, my client called on my cell, letting me know she wasn't going to be there. Grrrrr.

About 8 months ago I drove out to the farm. Gentleman raised miniature horses. Back story is that his daughter owned them originally but passed away at an early age and he just couldn't get rid of them.

He invited me in where I was met by "Hambone" (my name for all mutts that act like they want to chew on my leg for nutritional and entertainment purposes). They locked him in another room and left the "friendly" but very inquisitive pit bull to run around. She frequently stuffed her nose in my crotch as we sat around the kitchen table. (Funny feeling when a dog of that breed does that... you really hope they are not bipolar and flip out on you.:shocked:)

As we sat at the table, directly to my right was a parrot :goofy:... don't know my birds well, but well enough to know that I would never own one of those. He was obnoxiously noisy the whole conversation to the point I felt my brain sticking to the inside of my skull!!!!

I pushed on, and in spite of the sniffer in my neither regions and the bird in my brain, I posted 2 on the board, and made some good friends. :)

Importantly so, because about 6 months later, the gentleman had a stroke (unexpected) and passed. I then went back to that home and sat with a very confused and anxious wife, the crotch sniffer, and the obnoxious feathered brain to fill out a death claim.

About 8 months ago I drove out to the farm. Gentleman raised miniature horses. Back story is that his daughter owned them originally but passed away at an early age and he just couldn't get rid of them.

He invited me in where I was met by "Hambone" (my name for all mutts that act like they want to chew on my leg for nutritional and entertainment purposes). They locked him in another room and left the "friendly" but very inquisitive pit bull to run around. She frequently stuffed her nose in my crotch as we sat around the kitchen table. (Funny feeling when a dog of that breed does that... you really hope they are not bipolar and flip out on you.:shocked:)

As we sat at the table, directly to my right was a parrot :goofy:... don't know my birds well, but well enough to know that I would never own one of those. He was obnoxiously noisy the whole conversation to the point I felt my brain sticking to the inside of my skull!!!!

I pushed on, and in spite of the sniffer in my neither regions and the bird in my brain, I posted 2 on the board, and made some good friends. :)

Importantly so, because about 6 months later, the gentleman had a stroke (unexpected) and passed. I then went back to that home and sat with a very confused and anxious wife, the crotch sniffer, and the obnoxious feathered brain to fill out a death claim.
No way I'm letting a pitbull sniff my balls!!! If he bites down, you can kiss your junk goodbye. :eek::confused:

Latest posts

Back