Dropped Netbook Screen Black

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Dropped my netbook.. The computer is still working because I can barely see the welcome sign and then my desktop on a black screen. Any easy fixes or do I need to take it and have the LCD replaced?

Dropped my netbook.. The computer is still working because I can barely see the welcome sign and then my desktop on a black screen. Any easy fixes or do I need to take it and have the LCD replaced?

Add an external monitor so that you have access to your data. Depending on how old it is probably cheaper to replace it.

I don't have another monitor but I have a laptop.. is there a a way to use it? I am a hardware illiterate.

Perhaps I will change to a tablet.. Androids are cheaper than Ipads.. Is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Android Vs iPad is Carmel Apples to Apples. You can spend more on an android than an iPad, but most folks that aren't super tech savvy are keen on the iPad.

I don't have another monitor but I have a laptop.. is there a a way to use it? I am a hardware illiterate.

Perhaps I will change to a tablet.. Androids are cheaper than Ipads.. Is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Rouse, you can buy a used old style monitor at a yard sale or Goodwill for about $25. If you come through this area I have one I will give you.

Last edited:
Rouse, you can buy a used old style monitor at a yard sale of Goodwill for about $25. If you come through this area I have one I will give you.
Surely I can find one somewhere.. Would you believe I just gave way two last week? Hadn't used either of them in years..

I am currently on a 32 Gig Nexus 7 I bought refurbished for $200.net. I am very happy with it.

Last edited:
Back