Elevator Pitch (Final Expense)

cptlbc724

Expert
OHIO
If you are only writting Final Expense, I am curious as to how you respond when a friend you haven't seen for awhile or anybody in general asks you in a casual scenario "what do you do"....

I typically respond with "I keep people from paying funeral expenses out of pocket"....Then go from there whether they ask questions or look at me like I have 3 heads:twitchy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If there is a sharper approach, I'm all ears...I started back in March and I always thought it was bland to say "I sell insurance...I sell final expense" when most people that I talk to have no clue what final expense is.

Last edited:
If you are only writting Final Expense, I am curious as to how you respond when a friend you haven't seen for awhile or anybody in general asks you in a casual scenario "what do you do"....

I typically respond with "I keep people from paying funeral expenses out of pocket"....Then go from there whether they ask questions or look at me like I have 3 heads:twitchy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If there is a sharper approach, I'm all ears...I started back in March and I always thought it was bland to say "I sell insurance...I sell final expense" when most people that I talk to have no clue what final expense is.

I tell them I am protecting the American dream, or just that I sell insurance. Most of my friends are from the car business and so just about anything is more exciting and less bland than that

"Most of my friends are from the car business and so just about anything is more exciting and less bland than that"

:D ...Good point!

I just say that I sell insurance. I'm also not big on trying to sell insurance to everyone I come into contact with. If they ask about it and want it then great, if not, I don't go out of my way to try to pitch them. I'd much rather catch up then take a long shot at trying to sell them a product they may or may not have a need for.

I just say that I sell insurance. I'm also not big on trying to sell insurance to everyone I come into contact with. If they ask about it and want it then great, if not, I don't go out of my way to try to pitch them. I'd much rather catch up then take a long shot at trying to sell them a product they may or may not have a need for.

I do the same. If they ask what I do I tell them that I'm an insurance agent. My business card says "Your Insurance Agent" in bold letters with my name under it in smaller type.

In a casual setting that is all I'm going to say unless they ask for more information. It isn’t my style to be pushy and overbearing .

Oh, I don't know anything about elevators so I don't pitch them. :twitchy:

Last edited:
Back