Envelopes Hand Written Verse Labels

Re: Envelopes Hand Written Verse Lables

There are clear labels that are available at Staples, Office Max, and Office Depot. They are hard to detect as labels and look almost as if they were oprinted directly on the envelope.

There are clear labels that are available at Staples, Office Max, and Office Depot. They are hard to detect as labels and look almost as if they were oprinted directly on the envelope.

I also use clear labels and if one takes the time to smooth them down, at a glance it does not appear like a label. That makes more sense to me than running a stack of envelopes through my printer.

What I find gets people's attention a lot more than the label is to use stationary envelopes rather than just the plain white ones. My stationary is Southworth, light gray, laid finish. In a stack of mail my envelope really stands out and "begs" to be opened.

Using those envelopes and matching stationary has always given me great results from mailings I do.

SOU3132831 - Private Stock 25% Cotton Paper, 24-Lb., 8-1/2X11, Light Gray, 500 Sheets/Box

Want to make it more likely a prospect will open your direct mail? Then it's important to HIGHLY qualify the prospect you are sending the information to, and to make sure you personalize the information.

Then send it overnight via FedEx or UPS.

THAT strategy will get it opened. It's up to you to have something of value that will quickly catch their attention to get the to read your info, and then to get them to call you.

But opening is easy - who won't open a FedEx addressed to them?

I agree .. being creative is the best way to go.

My experience is that letters that look professional, something you are proud to send out, have the highest open rates.

For me, handwritten addresses have pretty low open rates unless the person knows who it is from. This might be geographical based, but when people I've asked about this, they automatically know it is junk mail when there is no return address, it is computerized handwritten address, etc.

My direct mail piece envelopes look more like a bill than an advertisment. I even use window envelopes, and then meter the envelope (rather than stamping). I have a pretty good open rate.

I know I'm the minority opinion here, but I think the handwritten letter worked well years ago, but has really dwindled in the impact since few people actually mail letters anymore. I guess that does indicate it might be different for different markets.

For high open rates, do something unusual. Last piece of obvious junk mail I opened came in a clear envelope. You could see through it, though you had to really open it to understand what it was about. It was obviously from Comcast, but it had a lot of intrigue. Be creative.

Dan

what an ultimately brillaint comment..................on a 2 year old thread

Be gentle...he may have nearly the same number as posts as I do, but he is still very new.
It's not the age of the thread as much as the annoyance of seeing a useless post that says nothing and doesn't even have any entertainment value just to run up the post count.

Be gentle...he may have nearly the same number as posts as I do, but he is still very new.

Who cares how many posts he has, its a meaningless comment on a 2 year old thread=waste of peoples time

Back