Equitrust

I'm going to disagree with you slightly. The agent is the first key. If the agent doesn't have confidence in their recommendation, the client won't buy. People buy people, not companies.

That being said, this product looks quite good. I'm looking at the Market12 Bonus Index Annuity. Commission is only 4.5%, so not that "huge".

It's what I was told. I don't have it in writing anywhere.

lol

Who gets the other 4%?

Maybe you should stay away from annuities.

Maybe YOU should try answering my original question, especially since you said that "ratings are overrated" and you should "find your buyers".

Well, smartass, the first person who buys is ME. And if I'm not buying into the company and product... you're damned straight that I ain't selling it.

But I also understand that this product features/benefits WON'T be available after the ratings are increased. So there's a "window of opportunity" available for policyholders... but yet, if something happens, I, as the agent, would not be covered due to insolvency.

Anyone have any thoughts towards how you handle this or rationalize it?

Tahoe Ray was already very helpful regarding compensation on this product, thank you very much.

Maybe YOU should try answering my original question, especially since you said that "ratings are overrated" and you should "find your buyers".

I did.

Well, smartass, the first person who buys is ME. And if I'm not buying into the company and product... you're damned straight that I ain't selling it.

It's for your own good.

And you're comparing FIXED ANNUITY ratings to Muni Bond ratings... a security.

That's too much of a stretch... particularly if you're talking about either GO bonds or revenue bonds. There are too many factors there.

Besides muni bonds are backed by various cities/county/state ability to tax and collect those taxes... well, the general obligation bonds are backed that way. Revenue bonds are for various community enhancing projects that will receive cash flow after they are built.

Insurance companies don't have the power to tax people.

Apples to Oranges comparison.

Maybe you should give back your Series 7?

And you're comparing FIXED ANNUITY ratings to Muni Bond ratings... a security.

That's too much of a stretch... particularly if you're talking about either GO bonds or revenue bonds. There are too many factors there.

Besides muni bonds are backed by various cities/county/state ability to tax and collect those taxes... well, the general obligation bonds are backed that way. Revenue bonds are for various community enhancing projects that will receive cash flow after they are built.

Insurance companies don't have the power to tax people.

Apples to Oranges comparison.

Maybe you should give back your Series 7?

Of course they're different. You hijacked big EE's thread and proved full-on retard by either not knowing the commission or (more-likely) getting screwed.

Anyways, since you also can't comprehend the simple concepts I've delivered, I have no interest in helping you.

EmptyEternity started this thread in March and had no replies. My post was a continuation on the subject.

My question wasn't about the commission. It was about how to justify representing a B++ rated company and how to present it ethically and justify the recommendation.

Since you couldn't comprehend that EITHER... any response you could've had, has no credibility.

When it's YOUR license, livelihood, and reputation on the line... NO. The prospect can either accept or reject the proposals I present that I'm willing to offer.

Financial services isn't run like Burger King. They can't have it their way. It's not a dictatorship... but you can't order a Big Mac at a Burger King. You can go to McDonald's for that.

Just because I CAN sell something... doesn't mean I should.

That's called suitability and due diligence.

When it's YOUR license, livelihood, and reputation on the line... NO. The prospect can either accept or reject the proposals I present that I'm willing to offer.

Financial services isn't run like Burger King. They can't have it their way. It's not a dictatorship... but you can't order a Big Mac at a Burger King. You can go to McDonald's for that.

Just because I CAN sell something... doesn't mean I should.

That's called suitability and due diligence.

Suitable for who? You or the prospect? Are you saying anything less than A rated isn't suitable for anyone? There's a market for nearly everything.

You realize that municipal bonds typical carry much more risk, yet billions of BBB rated are sold every year due to demand for what they offer. Don't be afraid to disclose risk. Your closed minded mentality will only limit your paydays.

Back