Exclusive Leads Trial: HometownQuotes.com

Bob:

the agency I'm with signed up for "exclusive" hometownquotes.com leads at the end of last year (Life leads). While the leads were totally "exclusive", I really do NOT consider anyone a prospect when they tell me that they "filled in the form for a chance to win an iPod even though I don't want to buy insurance' as anything but misleading to agents who frankly expect a bit more from a supplier. 4 i spoke with personally gave me that reason as to why they were considered a 'lead'. I stopped personally looking at HTQ from that point onwards.......
Not quite sure if the agency got $$'s back from you guys, but sure as heck deserved it.

Sooo, Bob - - - - let us all know whatcha gonna do about this B.S. . Even if it's 'cos your 'affiliates' load bogus leads into your system the onus is on HTQ to weed them out, NOT your paying clients, or ex-clients as all these cases seem to state

Bob:

the agency I'm with signed up for "exclusive" hometownquotes.com leads at the end of last year (Life leads). While the leads were totally "exclusive", I really do NOT consider anyone a prospect when they tell me that they "filled in the form for a chance to win an iPod even though I don't want to buy insurance' as anything but misleading to agents who frankly expect a bit more from a supplier. 4 i spoke with personally gave me that reason as to why they were considered a 'lead'. I stopped personally looking at HTQ from that point onwards.......
Not quite sure if the agency got $$'s back from you guys, but sure as heck deserved it.

Sooo, Bob - - - - let us all know whatcha gonna do about this B.S. . Even if it's 'cos your 'affiliates' load bogus leads into your system the onus is on HTQ to weed them out, NOT your paying clients, or ex-clients as all these cases seem to state

"komissar_minsky" Don't know who you are, but we have NEVER offered "exclusive" life leads so I can only assume you've confused us with someone else.

You've got an ax to grind from the tone of your post but the company you worked for did not buy exclusive leads from HometownQuotes.com...that is for sure. Thus, the only thing I'm going to do is ask you to get your facts straight before calling my company or any other company out.

If you'd be interested in Exclusive leads for yourself, then email or call me. But I also reserve the right to do business with those I want to do business with.

I too do not consider leads "real" when someone says they are only doing it to win an iPod and as those that work with us know, we obviously give credit for them. If you don't want to ever work internet leads that come from an affiliate, then I suggest you develop your own web site. Good luck with that.

Plus, Best of luck with your sales this year. I hope you reach your goals both personally & financially.

This affiliate never heard of brokersweb? lol

Not to be rude, but it's hard to be $8-9 eCPC in certain states...

Going to brokersweb or surehits to generate an exclusive lead is like getting married to the hooker on the corner for exclusive sex.

They're seeing 6 options when they click the button, they might click more than 1.

A frustrating issue with me is the pitch that "our Lead Company" won't sell the lead to more than x number of agents but no mention that the affiliate will sell the lead to multiple lead companies.

So, will these exclusive leads really mean that instead of going to 16 agents it will go to a lower number of agents?

On a side note, I have personally spoken with Bob once when I called three days after signing up to only not have anyone answer the phone on repeated phone calls for an answer to a simple question.

After a few months I tried HTQ again and still find response time to questions/concerns to be unsatisfactory but always professional and resolved or answered when a response is received.

Although I do not use Hometown for leads I have spoken with Bob and Dom from their company. Both were very receptive and open to my questions.

A frustrating issue with me is the pitch that "our Lead Company" won't sell the lead to more than x number of agents but no mention that the affiliate will sell the lead to multiple lead companies.

So, will these exclusive leads really mean that instead of going to 16 agents it will go to a lower number of agents?

On a side note, I have personally spoken with Bob once when I called three days after signing up to only not have anyone answer the phone on repeated phone calls for an answer to a simple question.

After a few months I tried HTQ again and still find response time to questions/concerns to be unsatisfactory but always professional and resolved or answered when a response is received.

Secondcreek,
Sorry that it took me so long to get back with you...not normal for me & I'm sorry for that. We are trying some new tools that will help us with that.

If you have some time this week, send me an email or call me. I have something new up my sleeve that I believe will interest you. Especially if you are tired of working "bogus" leads & leads that have been sold too many times.
Email if you don't reach me via phone with a number I can reach you at. Please include your forum "screen" name so I can remember whom I'm working with:)

Secondcreek,
Sorry that it took me so long to get back with you...not normal for me & I'm sorry for that. We are trying some new tools that will help us with that.

If you have some time this week, send me an email or call me. I have something new up my sleeve that I believe will interest you. Especially if you are tired of working "bogus" leads & leads that have been sold too many times.
Email if you don't reach me via phone with a number I can reach you at. Please include your forum "screen" name so I can remember whom I'm working with:)

Hi Bob,

Just curious, anything new on the new exclusive auto leads you mentioned?

Hi Bob,

Just curious, anything new on the new exclusive auto leads you mentioned?

Thanks for asking JP. We're putting the final touches on it this week & will be posting/contacting folks by the 15th. [hmm, Ides of March...good timing] I would love to talk 1-1 with you & any others about what we are looking at doing. I just don't want to post here till we do it as my competitors follow me/this forum daily so no "secrets" here since I use my name:)

Doesn't bother me as we are are much smaller than the big guys but at the same time, we can do things they cannot as they need huge $$ daily to feed their overhead vs. HometownQuotes.com. This is going to be FUN...:idea:

Please call me or email me at my contact info below this week.

Had to Modify the approach after trying to find sources to make this work. Yes, I could do Exclusive on a small scale but hard to stay in business. So, after much research, trying to do Exclusive "might" work but can't for most...

Follow this example for a Captive agent.
Simplified, Economics 101 of Google type advertising: I bid on a term for "Los Angeles Auto Insurance" that costs $3 per click. Only 1 click out of 4 [25%] fill out the form for Auto Insurance so I can sell the data. Of those, only 1 of 4 fit the filters that a Captive Agent needs to offer a quote. So 3 of 4 I have to find someone other than a Captive Agent to buy or I lose money. The more highly filtered a lead, the more expensive it is due to the above numbers. Thus the other 3 I have to sell for less $$ IF AT ALL. State Farm has different filters as does Allstate, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Nationwide, Independents, etc.
So to get 1 lead for a Captive agent, I have to spend [4 x $3 = $12 Cost of clicks. 4 x $12 = $48 due to Captive Filters] $48 to find 1 lead for a Captive Agent. [Captive Agents like Allstate have a Franchise as I can only sell the lead to ONE Allstate/Captive agent] The agent only wants to spend $10 per lead. So what happens? I must find others to offset the lead cost. This is ONE reason an Exclusive lead is so hard, if not impossible to monetize in Quantity if at all. Thus why I have tweaked this idea.

The good leads just aren't there any more due to the above economics & thus one get's the "garbage" leads where you & I have to sort through bogus leads to find the good leads. The LABOR costs of working the Bogus leads for the Agent & for me add up to serious bucks.[I have front end things I do + I have live people work both front end & leads agents return as bogus, to filter out bad sources].
I'll be getting in touch with those that reached out as to my new plan. I believe you will love it as it comes with a Guarantee also. More soon.

Latest posts

Back