Exclusive Leads Trial: HometownQuotes.com

I think Bob has been spending more time over the last several months trying to deal with the bogus leads affiliates are trying to get paid on then trying to sell his leads, but I could be wrong.

Maybe you could tell us a little bit about what you do as an affiliate to prevent the problems we all experience with internet leads?

I currently generate between 1k and 2k leads a month from organic SEO. I've received top lead quality scores from every company I've sold leads to. I currently sell my leads to a hometown quotes competitor.

The best quality leads hands down are the ones that come from google, bing & yahoo traffic. The higher the lead generation site is ranked the better the traffic quality and lead quality is.

I currently generate between 1k and 2k leads a month from organic SEO. I've received top lead quality scores from every company I've sold leads to. I currently sell my leads to a hometown quotes competitor.

The best quality leads hands down are the ones that come from google, bing & yahoo traffic. The higher the lead generation site is ranked the better the traffic quality and lead quality is.

What is your name and the site(s) that you use?

why dont u ask him his cup size too?

He is the one that came on a public forum to let everybody know that he's having a monetary dispute with a well known lead company.
Most of us have posted our names dozens of times in here. You list your site on your sig line, as do most everybody with a site. Don't think it's to personal to ask someone's name or the website they run.

He is the one that came on a public forum to let everybody know that he's having a monetary dispute with a well known lead company.
Most of us have posted our names dozens of times in here. You list your site on your sig line, as do most everybody with a site. Don't think it's to personal to ask someone's name or the website they run.

lol, most of you know me and you guys couldn't pay me to tell you just one of my sites.

And lol at interviewing the guy for being owed money. LMAO.

Haha. Yeah, sorry I'm not going to give up my site info.

Of course as someone pointed out, we have no idea who you are so hard to answer a question from anonymous. Also, what harm is it to post your web site(s)?

We have daily meetings on lead quality & review the stats. We have some affiliates swear that all their traffic is PPC/SEO driven & we must be lying to reverse 40-50% of their leads due to quality. They accuse our agents of lying. Yet like I pointed out on another post, we don't just take the agents word for it, we actually make the calls ourselves. Folks, this is an expensive process to verify bogus leads! We get hundreds of credit requests a day from agents. We don't reverse a lead to an affiliate without cause as we know it costs them money also. If we get too many fraud leads from an affiliate & they don't clean up their act, we fire them of course.

I obviously don't know who you are & from the sound of it perhaps we dropped the ball? I have no idea but even I am human. If I sent an email & didn't follow up as you say, I am sorry. Please shoot me an email & I will have Mark look into it.

I always find this funny. Lead providers want us to buy their leads, but never want us to look to look at the page they actually generate the leads from.

Since there is no secret sauce to a webform asking the info, the concern to the lead provider must be they have stuff on their webpage that isn't what they claim. If not, why would they hide their webpages? I mean, after all, they are public, right?

Just never understood this, but it does seem to be universal. Love to understand the logic.

Dan

Here's why:

"Get Health Insurance for a $1.00 a Day!"

Dollar a Day Insurance

The lead business has failed because there is more demand than supply - and lead vendors don't want to deal with that issue since it "caps" their revenue.

I'm in MD. There are "X" number of people waking up today who are interested in getting a quote for health insurance. Problem is, there's a demand for "XXXXXX" number of leads.

So if 1,000 people in MD actually want a quote today but vendors need to generate 8,000 leads today to satisfy demand, they need to trick, fool and entice people into submitting for a quote who otherwise would not have been interested.

Almost none of these leads are search driven. They're ads....all over the net designed to get people to impulsively get a quote. These are junk. There's a huge difference between search generated leads and people impulsively clicking on "spam" ads.

Vendors say they don't take incentivized leads. How in the hell would they know. Their affiliates programs are runaway trains - thousands and thousands of affiliates and they don't have the faintest clue as to exactly how each affiliate is driving people to their landing pages.

I've not only spoke with but had dinner with a few former owners of lead companies. Bitterness sets in pretty quickly. They tried to provide and did provide quality leads. Results? Agents cancelled, bitched and whined and profits were very low. This new system? Vendors make a fortune and agents cancel, bitch and whine.

It doesn't take a long at all to realize that selling leads to independents agents in hopes of keeping them around for a while is a completely failed concept. The failure rate is too high in this industry. Vendors who do provide solid leads can't figure out why agents still cancel. It's because the agents mainly suck.

Last edited:

Yeah but I'm developing the medicare site, I wouldnt list any of my sites that generate steady income though.

Latest posts

Back