Experiences on Americo term with disability ryder

Jakel

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I noticed this product recently and wondering what everyone's experiences are with Americo and more specifically, with this product. It seems like a good product, you get a fixed or declining term option with an optional disability ryder for 1-2 years, 90 day exclusion period, as one of the many options. Does Americo contest these for someone who actually becomes disabled? What proof, if any, do they require?How is their track record? Any/all experiences would be greatly appreciated as I have several customers who are wanting disability coverage. Thank you!

I noticed this product recently and wondering what everyone's experiences are with Americo and more specifically, with this product. It seems like a good product, you get a fixed or declining term option with an optional disability ryder for 1-2 years, 90 day exclusion period, as one of the many options. Does Americo contest these for someone who actually becomes disabled? What proof, if any, do they require?How is their track record? Any/all experiences would be greatly appreciated as I have several customers who are wanting disability coverage. Thank you!

Americo is probably the worst company out there. As for contestable claims, they are certainly the worst on paying those. I would bet anything they are even worse than LH on paying.

If americo told me they paid 10% of contestable claims I would demand proof. Americo was an EFES darling. I tried time and time again to get the brass at EFES to ask americo if they had ever even paid one contestable claim. They wouldn't even ask them. They didn't want to know the answer. All they cared about was that 160% contract they wanted to keep. In the end they still lost it.

THANK YOU JDEASY!!
Wow I had no idea about Americo! That is too bad because it appears they have some really good products. So who would you recommend for clients looking for a term product with a disability rider?

THANK YOU JDEASY!!
Wow I had no idea about Americo! That is too bad because it appears they have some really good products. So who would you recommend for clients looking for a term product with a disability rider?

I don't know. It's been many years since I dealt with that stuff. I used to use F&G and Shenandoah mostly. Neither available now. I just know it wouldn't be Americo.

Latest posts

Back