Families could be denied death benefits if their unvaccinated loved one dies

I must say that I am disappointed to have read this thread. The topic of life insurance and covid vaccines were of interest to me simply because I am in the employee benefit world. But to have it sink into a political debate is disappointing. It comes across as childish and wildly inappropriate for this forum.

So, are you trying to tell me someone already worth $470M is taking a $200k a year job for the money? Had you said ego, narcissism or power, I could possibly see that.

But I see a lot of average people becoming rich while a politician or after their term, but I have not seen a lot of rich people chase being a politician because they want a distraction from the wealth they already have.

Virginia’s New Governor Glenn Youngkin Is One Of The Nation’s Richest Politicians (forbes.com)

The thing about the rich is that most of them strive to be richer. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying that there are millions upon millions that he will get from being govenor. No telling how much it will pay him for the rest of his life. I'm not talking about his measley $200K he'll get each year. That's pennies compared to what he'll really make.

I must say that I am disappointed to have read this thread. The topic of life insurance and covid vaccines were of interest to me simply because I am in the employee benefit world. But to have it sink into a political debate is disappointing. It comes across as childish and wildly inappropriate for this forum.
So sorry for your disappointment. :confused:

Maybe you should become a Forum Moderator. The head Moderator has contribulatedto this thread. I guess he's childish too. :laugh:

What can you talk about these days that isn't political? :)

You just made the biggest point and likely don't know it. This starts AT the colleges of education. Paulo Freire's "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" is the most influential work today in the education of teachers. Critical Pedagogy is taught as THE standard in education. One must literally pass through a leftist indoctrination of educational theory in order to become a teacher.

You know, that is a great point that I have not pondered, and certainly needs to be added to the equation.

Of course, what we have learned in schools for the longest time has been skewed or lacking pertinent details, especially history.

The thing about the rich is that most of them strive to be richer. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, I'm just saying that there are millions upon millions that he will get from being govenor. No telling how much it will pay him for the rest of his life. I'm not talking about his measley $200K he'll get each year. That's pennies compared to what he'll really make.

So, were both candidates running solely for the money in it? Or just the Republican guy.

Did the Democratic gov candidate have more admirable reasons for running.

I honestly don't know a ton about that election as I avoid most of the Fox/MSNBC, etc, etc, etc divisive channels. My only knowledge is being thrilled to see such a phenomenal Lt Gov that my immigrant African children can look up to.

So sorry for your disappointment. :confused:

Maybe you should become a Forum Moderator. The head Moderator has contribulatedto this thread. I guess he's childish too. :laugh:

What can you talk about these days that isn't political? :)
Have no desire to be a moderator, I do not possess the temperament. It is not that I want to avoid politics, it is the fact that the initial topic was about employers denying benefits and it quickly went to politics. It happens quite often on this forum.

Have no desire to be a moderator, I do not possess the temperament. It is not that I want to avoid politics, it is the fact that the initial topic was about employers denying benefits and it quickly went to politics. It happens quite often on this forum.
"'These days, workers who refuse to get vaccinated against covid-19 may face financial repercussions, from higher health insurance premiums to loss of their jobs."

It got political in the OP's very 1st sentence. :yes:

Back