Fastest Line to Make Money in

CaNewAgent

Expert
I've been reading these forums for quite some time. I appreciate the information provided and the opinions of the people here.

I need to start earning money in this business. I have the Ca, P&C, Life/Health, Series 6, 63 and 65 licenses.

I don't have a warm market to jump start securities sales, which seems to be an issue for hiring managers. For some reason they think I should put money in their pocket for the privilege of being appointed.

I don't care which lines I sell or to whom. I need to start earning money before my reserves are depleted.

What line of business provides the fastest way to make money?

I've always heard that life and health are your biggest money makers. Others may have different advice, so take mine with a grain of salt!

Good luck!

I've been reading these forums for quite some time. I appreciate the information provided and the opinions of the people here.

I need to start earning money in this business. I have the Ca, P&C, Life/Health, Series 6, 63 and 65 licenses.

I don't have a warm market to jump start securities sales, which seems to be an issue for hiring managers. For some reason they think I should put money in their pocket for the privilege of being appointed.

I don't care which lines I sell or to whom. I need to start earning money before my reserves are depleted.

What line of business provides the fastest way to make money?

Why did you get all those licenses before asking this question? Anyway, commission wise Life pays more upfront. Securities is good too, but judging by your post; I assume you don't have too much experience in that field. So concentrate on Life if you want to make some fast cash. Just make sure to keep your clients in mind at the same time.

You have restricted your ability in selling P&C with the securities. Not every B-D is going to allow outside activities, such as P&C if they do not sell it.

Your best bet if you want to use all your licenses is to go to a complete Captive environment that sells all lines. Nationwide and State Farm come to mind.

Otherwise you will abandon P&C with most B-D's.

Why did you get all those licenses before asking this question? Anyway, commission wise Life pays more upfront. Securities is good too, but judging by your post; I assume you don't have too much experience in that field. So concentrate on Life if you want to make some fast cash. Just make sure to keep your clients in mind at the same time.

I quit my high paying job 2 years ago based on a meeting I had with a Farmers DM, who promised me the world. My wife was already a Farmers agent. I didn't want to work for my wife. I wanted an agency of my own. I was in their reserve agent program for 6 weeks (I had 43 PIF and 3 life) when the DM suddenly quit. The next level of management assigned everyone else to a different DM. After a month I got a call from her telling me my contract was being terminated because my wife was an agent and they had a husband/wife restriction. By the way, I fully disclosed the fact my wife was an agent when I applied. This explains the P&C and Life/Health licenses.

I next moved to a small broker/dealer and attempted to do retirement planning. They assumed I had a warm market who had hundreds of thousands of dollars they would let me manage. I learned you cannot make a living setting up $100.00 per month IRA's. That explains the securities licenses.

My wife's agency can support her and her niece but not me. I need to find a way to earn a living on my own.

I quit my high paying job 2 years ago based on a meeting I had with a Farmers DM, who promised me the world. My wife was already a Farmers agent. I didn't want to work for my wife. I wanted an agency of my own. I was in their reserve agent program for 6 weeks (I had 43 PIF and 3 life) when the DM suddenly quit. The next level of management assigned everyone else to a different DM. After a month I got a call from her telling me my contract was being terminated because my wife was an agent and they had a husband/wife restriction. By the way, I fully disclosed the fact my wife was an agent when I applied. This explains the P&C and Life/Health licenses.

I next moved to a small broker/dealer and attempted to do retirement planning. They assumed I had a warm market who had hundreds of thousands of dollars they would let me manage. I learned you cannot make a living setting up $100.00 per month IRA's. That explains the securities licenses.

My wife's agency can support her and her niece but not me. I need to find a way to earn a living on my own.

If you feel comfortable with your current knowledge. I would suggest opening your own independent insurance agency. You already have a great referral and reference source, your wife. Judging by the post, you also seem to know other people you can use for business and referrals. Add some life carriers by getting in touch with an Imo. The rest is up to you.

Last edited:
Back