Fastest Way to Get Contract Release from GA, FMO, Etc

Asking people here about what to do shows that you don't have the first clue as to how much trouble you are facing or what a hassle you could be in for.

I've been down this road a hundred times before so I know the drill. The truth is your best defense, but it can be a costly one.

You are an educated man so you understand the meaning of "The better part of valour is discretion, in the which better part I have saved my life" as said by Falstaff in Henry IV Part One.

There are only two things you SHOULD do... either or:

1. Comply with the request. Don't admit any guilt but tell them to point out what specific posts they want removed and you will be happy to comply. If they say "all of them" respond that you don't know which ones "all" are and have no way of finding out. You can drag out "compliance" into a whole bunch of billable hours for whoever this Beaver guy is, as they will have to do the research. Follow this approach if you don't give a damn about the issue.

2. Surely you must have a lawyer of your own? Pass this on to him or her and let them deal with it. Do this if you want to draw a line in the sand and defend.

I've done both. Compliance is easier, but defending is more satisfying. One other thing to consider. You are a candidate for statewide office in CA. Having a case filed against you might work in your favor publicity wise... assuming you really didn't libel the guy.

One thing you DON'T want to do is ignore the letter. The above two choices are fine... whatever you want to do... but ignoring the letter is simply stupid and will get you nowhere. If I were this Beaver guy and I didn't hear from you, I'd go ahead and file the action, if nothing else then to get your attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking people here about what to do shows that you don't have the first clue as to how much trouble your are facing or what a hassle you could be in for.

Where in my posts did I ask people for their advice? My question was purely rhetorical.

I am not intimidated by any attorney but I will respond.

Rick

Last edited:
Where in my posts did I ask people for their advice? My question was purely rhetorical.

I am not intimidated by any attorney but I will respond.

Rick

I thought you had made it clear you didn't care.

It cracks me up when folks throw around statements like "libel" and "defamation". For the benefit of those who are not aware, even if you had a reason to believe what you said was true then you're not usually liable for anything. Even if you are, it's obscenely expensive for another party to take action and it's even more expensive for them to prove damages, if they can even be proven at all.

Personally, I think you should call the attorney and talk about the situation for no less than 20 hours. Maybe you should even send him an electronic copy of every post you've ever made and ask him to clarify which ones were allegedly defamatory. Once they respond, ask on what basis they feel each of the statements are defamatory. That'll run up the billable hours!

I thought you had made it clear you didn't care.

It cracks me up when folks throw around statements like "libel" and "defamation". For the benefit of those who are not aware, even if you had a reason to believe what you said was true then you're not usually liable for anything. Even if you are, it's obscenely expensive for another party to take action and it's even more expensive for them to prove damages, if they can even be proven at all.

Personally, I think you should call the attorney and talk about the situation for no less than 20 hours. Maybe you should even send him an electronic copy of every post you've ever made and ask him to clarify which ones were allegedly defamatory. Once they respond, ask on what basis they feel each of the statements are defamatory. That'll run up the billable hours!

As I'm sure your aware they already have access to these posts by clicking on Ricks name they can view the begining of every post Risk has made...Can you imagine the time it would take to view all those posts?

Not to mention that all of us already reading this post will most likely not use this person now.

If you Google "bob beaver insurance" you will see the 6th link from the top sends you to here, to a 3 year old post about the guy.

IANAL, but it looks like they have Rick by the balls here is they want to claim some kind of defamation and knowing Rick's temper there may be other postings about the guy that are more vituperative.

I don't see anything worthwhile defending here and Rick should just agree to edit or remove whatever posts Beaver objects to.

On the other hand, if he is smart enough or has someone on his staff who knows something about campaigns, Rick can use this to some political advantage in his effort to win the election for CA insurance commissioner.

I don't know who this Beaver guy is and if he has deep-pockets or not, but if he has the same aggressive personality as Rick, I'm sure he will bring a wall of legal s--t down on Greensky Insurance and its owner.

It is the old "discretion and valor" thing. There is a lot in Shakespeare that you can learn and apply to your life and business. Since Rick went to UCLA I have no doubt he has read a bit of the bard. I hope he learned something.

Defamation is not "Al you're an asshole." It's more like, "Al, you've screwed your clients because you pocket the premium and don't send it to the company." The first statement is true but I have no information as to the validity of the second. Therefore you might have an action if posted the second statement as truth.

Posting something that actually happened such as "I had a contract to sell ABC insurance company and Al wouldn't let me write through him but would not release me" is simply the truth. Pointing out that I never agreed to that condition in my contract with Al is also a true statement. While you might file suit, the likelihood of wiinning is about a good as you (Al) posting something that anyone gives a crap about.

I don't know which posts they have an issue with so I will simply ask them.

Al, in my opinion you are not a good insurance agent and you sure as hell are not a lawyer so when I say I couldn't care less what your opinion might be, you'll understand.

Rick

Al, in my opinion you are not a good insurance agent

I think you are a very good insurance agent which is why I gave you a $500+ MA case a few months ago. But you would be a disaster as an insurance commissioner, the job you are running for here in CA.

and you sure as hell are not a lawyer so when I say I couldn't care less what your opinion might be, you'll understand.

When the op-re staffers of your opponents get hold of all the crap you have posted here about me, Beaver, and a whole bunch of others and release it to the media in a well-crafted 'expose,' it will be interesting to see how cavalier you will be.

You're pretty good about dishing it out. I wonder if you can take a punch or two.

Perhaps you'd like to start a thread on why I'm a terrible candidate for insurance commissioner.

As far as the $500 you "gave" me, show me where you're appointed to sell Aetna MA plans and I'll be happy to send you the commission. Otherwise you can stop posting about it. I think everyone here has seen it at least 10 times.

Rick

Perhaps you'd like to start a thread on why I'm a terrible candidate for insurance commissioner.

As far as the $500 you "gave" me, show me where you're appointed to sell Aetna MA plans and I'll be happy to send you the commission. Otherwise you can stop posting about it. I think everyone here has seen it at least 10 times.

Rick

Are you running for insurance commissioner? If so, that's great!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As I'm sure your aware they already have access to these posts by clicking on Ricks name they can view the begining of every post Risk has made...Can you imagine the time it would take to view all those posts?

Not to mention that all of us already reading this post will most likely not use this person now.

I'm sure they do. The point would be to overwhelm RBI's attorney with hours and hours of information to review thereby jacking up the cost of harassing Rick because it would take them hours and hours to carefully review everything.

Last edited:

That would be silly. How many agents in this venue are from CA? And of those that are here, how many might be so intimidated by you so as to not join such a thread? Who wants to piss off someone who might be their next boss and who can pull their ticket on a whim? I'm sure you have friends in high places, and I have little doubt that you would retaliate. Face it, Rick, given your anger management issues, if there is one thing we all know about you it's that you don't exactly take criticism very well!

As far as the $500 you "gave" me, show me where you're appointed to sell Aetna MA plans and I'll be happy to send you the commission.

The point was not the money. The point is that I could have given the case to half a dozen other Aetna MA certified agents who are just as knowledgeable as you. And yes, you are welcome.

Otherwise you can stop posting about it. I think everyone here has seen it at least 10 times.

You know the rules of this game. We've been playing it for four years now. You attack, I defend. You hit me, I hit you back. I'll post what I want, when I want, where I want. You treat me with respect (or simply benign neglect) and you will get treated the same way in return. If not, then not.

Have you noticed that you end up fighting with a lot of the people you do biz with... there is Beaver, there was the lead guy, there was VaDwayne, there is me... and I can only guess there are many others.

If you want to be a political leader you need to learn how to get along with people.... especially those who work for you. Had you ever managed a business with employees it would be a skill set you would have. If you win the election, I hope it is not too late for you to learn.

You know what they call a leader without any followers? Just a guy out taking a walk.

Back