FE Agents And Dogs, Cigarette Smoke

OK, my FE F2F story from today.

A long-time client that I write 10ish other family members Xs about 20 years.

They call me to come out and write the son. Nice people, small clean house, No AC. The little rat dogs ate my binder last time I was out there. One of them tried to bite me today.

So I have the app on my lap when all of sudden my nose starts bleeding. Not a slow trickle but full-on bleeding. The app now has blood splatter, like their floor. I am trying to pinch off the blood. The guy brings me a roll of TP. Thankfully a fresh roll. Trying to fill out the app with one hand and swap out TP with the other hand as it fills up. Finally, I feel the blood clot in my throat. I walk out the front door hock that sucker into the yard. There is no lawn just dirt and cars and trucks. One of the rat dogs runs over to eat it and the guy throws the water bucket on it. The guy says don't worry about it. Want a beer?

I had figured 30 minutes in and out. They live a couple of blocks from a good Mexican restaurant and I make a quick $850. Well, it took me an hour, I got blood on my favorite blue Cooke Street Hawaiian shirt and No Fricken lunch. I did make the $850 and they gave me the roll of toilet paper.

They call me to come out and write the son. Nice people, small clean house, No AC. The little rat dogs ate my binder last time I was out there. One of them tried to bite me today.

So I have the app on my lap when all of sudden my nose starts bleeding. Not a slow trickle but full-on bleeding. The app now has blood splatter, like their floor. I am trying to pinch off the blood. The guy brings me a roll of TP. Thankfully a fresh roll. Trying to fill out the app with one hand and swap out TP with the other hand as it fills up. Finally, I feel the blood clot in my throat. I walk out the front door hock that sucker into the yard. There is no lawn just dirt and cars and trucks. One of the rat dogs runs over to eat it and the guy throws the water bucket on it. The guy says don't worry about it. Want a beer?

I had figured 30 minutes in and out. They live a couple of blocks from a good Mexican restaurant and I make a quick $850. Well, it took me an hour, I got blood on my favorite blue Cooke Street Hawaiian shirt and No Fricken lunch. I did make the $850 and they gave me the roll of toilet paper.

Well I can't top that one... I did have a real FE day though.

Started out 50 min from home getting a new SSB form for Trans because I left out one "n" in the last name, dummy me, I put the name on area that I didn't need too would have been ok but I left out an "N". Nice cat lady (about 6 or 8 of them) who lives in a trailer and it ain't pertty. I stopped counting roaches and got my corrections, and yes, to bring value, I gave her a hug.

Next on to a town about 50 plus mins the other direction. Needed to re-app to save $1200 FYC. Met the guys wife in the drive way in her car. She opened the door and I began to speak. She didn't say anything then put her hands in the air, I backed up a bit and she leans out of the car and spits mouthwash on the ground. You can only imagine what was going through my head... if it hadn't been mouthwash I would have hurled right there. Got my re-app and headed to the next stop. And NO, I didn't give him a hug.

Off to the county fairground. Never been to the local bingo parlor to get a signature, today was my first time. Got my signature and didn't have to play. And yes, add some value by giving a hug. ;)

As I write I am at the local DD having coffee with my side kick (my daughter) who did a ride along with me today. (She stayed in the vehicle.)

What a interesting mix between the bizzar day and wonderful ending. :yes:

Well I can't top that one... I did have a real FE day though.

Started out 50 min from home getting a new SSB form for Trans because I left out one "n" in the last name, dummy me, I put the name on area that I didn't need too would have been ok but I left out an "N". Nice cat lady (about 6 or 8 of them) who lives in a trailer and it ain't pertty. I stopped counting roaches and got my corrections, and yes, to bring value, I gave her a hug.

Next on to a town about 50 plus mins the other direction. Needed to re-app to save $1200 FYC. Met the guys wife in the drive way in her car. She opened the door and I began to speak. She didn't say anything then put her hands in the air, I backed up a bit and she leans out of the car and spits mouthwash on the ground. You can only imagine what was going through my head... if it hadn't been mouthwash I would have hurled right there. Got my re-app and headed to the next stop. And NO, I didn't give him a hug.

Off to the county fairground. Never been to the local bingo parlor to get a signature, today was my first time. Got my signature and didn't have to play. And yes, add some value by giving a hug. ;)

As I write I am at the local DD having coffee with my side kick (my daughter) who did a ride along with me today. (She stayed in the vehicle.)

What a interesting mix between the bizzar day and wonderful ending. :yes:

No, you beat me. Mine only took an hour. while I did not make much I made something. And a roll of some pretty good TP.

I am done, Going to take the old lady to the movies with the recliner seats and booze.

I relate to how you feel. But it's who we are and what w do. Your in their house. i'd say about 20% of our stops have this issue. Most of them are probably lonely and in bad health and this may be part of the reason why. I agree with Tribetime and LifeHawk. you have to expect it period. I have had to go to many gas stations and change LOL! i have met some of these people outside their home for a different occasion and you would've never thought that their home is like that and some you would. you should be pre qualifying each one anyway no matter who it is. I know within 10 minutes where they're at whether it be financially, health or just plain out giving you the runaround. Yep 11 years of doing this and a week don't go by with at least two of these. Sometimes in the same day. Plus Iv'e seen it in the wealthy and not so wealthy. also some of my best business has come from these environments as well. Be their friend unconditionally up front and the next time they may clean up for you and then again maybe not. oh by the way I also keep a can of Lysol, deodorant and cologne in my truck. and one time I've sat in a wet spot so now I also keep a towel in my truck as well to throw over my seat until I change which brings me to one last point. Get a vehicle with leather or vinyl seats. Hey man, Doctors got it worse than we do.They wear scrubs. so pick out clothes that are wrinkle free and moister free as well. "FE Agent's scrubs"

Wow! 3-ply?

Back