FE Cold Call Campaign Analysis

I agree with GCA and senior advisor in that there is a happy medium to be found on calling yourself. Put an agent in the room with a tm and tell me who should get more leads. Agents know the business, know their competition and how to overcome objections. I always made it a point to make calls myself "some" times regularly and pay a tm to do it. But I always formally trained my TM, shadowed them and paid them with tier-based incentives. Just my two cents...

Good point, Cory. I have never found any TM's good enough to keep that system going either. However, if you can find them, that's great. I never stay on the phone all day, Sr Advisor IN, I do not want to either. I just think cold calling (phone & doors) is a way to an agent can keep expenses down. Direct mail, TM's, and "branding" are very expensive for low returns.

gca80 said:
Good point, Cory. I have never found any TM's good enough to keep that system going either. However, if you can find them, that's great. I never stay on the phone all day, Sr Advisor IN, I do not want to either. I just think cold calling (phone & doors) is a way to an agent can keep expenses down. Direct mail, TM's, and "branding" are very expensive for low returns.

I disagree. DM and TM may not provide a good return in your area or field but they have both worked out very well for me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I just realized this thread is in the FE forum. ignore my previous posts. :)

Last edited:
Sr IN,
I didn't say they haven't worked. I said they wre very expensive for agents with very low or no budgets, that's all.

gca80 said:
Sr IN,
I didn't say they haven't worked. I said they wre very expensive for agents with very low or no budgets, that's all.

I have no idea about telemarketing for FE. I'm sure it is expensive. I wasn't aware this was in the FE forum until after I posted my responses.

I have no idea about telemarketing for FE. I'm sure it is expensive. I wasn't aware this was in the FE forum until after I posted my responses.

Don't want to turn this to another topic altogether and avoid the overall focus, but... I found years ago that calling for Med Supps yields 10 to 20x the results than calling for final expense. The final expense add-on sale after saving them an average of $50 per month for the privilege is way more satisfying.

Also, the persistency is much better.. as are the renewals, the referrals, etc. You can still get to your final expense sales, but you've provided them the money to now fund it based on savings you've provided.

With telemarketers, it's much easier to retain someone who gets rejected 10 to 20 times less often than when calling just with final expense. When they see the gem much more often (as with a new client acquired for Med supp), their enthusiasm is re-ignited much more frequently. With a compensation plan based on hourly plus incentive, this provides much more of a realistic payoff more often.

Nothing wrong with final expense, but it's swimming upstream when telemarketing for it. I found that by turning around and going with the flow, offering money instead of trying to take it, that it is much less stress in my office.

Just my opinion..

Latest posts

Back