FE Mailer from Transamerica Life

L

luke4275

I just turned 50 and got my first FE mailer.. the one that says ss only pays 225 toward funeral cost.. Down on the bottom, in fine print. it says that it is underwritten by transamamerica life. cedar rapids.. Do they do lead drops like Monumental does? Has anyone used them and what are the costs? thanks

I just turned 50 and got my first FE mailer.. the one that says ss only pays 225 toward funeral cost.. Down on the bottom, in fine print. it says that it is underwritten by transamamerica life. cedar rapids.. Do they do lead drops like Monumental does? Has anyone used them and what are the costs? thanks

Send the card back and see what happens..

I cannot believe people are still paying good money to mail that crap. They were using that old worn out piece when I started in the business in 97. And the same goes for the med supp mailer wanting to give you information. How Lame! I will knock doors before I pay for that.

I think they started mailing them back in 1936 when Social Security started and post cards were only one cent to mail. Of course, I read about that in a book about the history of FE.

Hi Luke,
I got your message but could not reply because I don't have the 20 posts. I don't buy leads anymore, there is no future in that for me. I door knock and walk and talk. But if you must buy leads take some time and design your own mailer. Believe me, anything you design will not be any worse than that old "Pre WWII mail card".

Hi Luke,
I got your message but could not reply because I don't have the 20 posts. I don't buy leads anymore, there is no future in that for me. I door knock and walk and talk. But if you must buy leads take some time and design your own mailer. Believe me, anything you design will not be any worse than that old "Pre WWII mail card".

Depending on the market. I am playing with the idea of a post card with a picture of a Bucket, Sponge and Hose in front of a car wash sign.

Depending on the market. I am playing with the idea of a post card with a picture of a Bucket, Sponge and Hose in front of a car wash sign.
Hi WinoBlues,
You would probably have a better response rate with that one in the spring. This year is a little long in the tooth.
How about a picture of Sponge Bob holding up his hands saying "Yippie! I Have Insurance!" That would get at least a .05 response rate don't ya think?

Hi WinoBlues,
You would probably have a better response rate with that one in the spring. This year is a little long in the tooth.
How about a picture of Sponge Bob holding up his hands saying "Yippie! I Have Insurance!" That would get at least a .05 response rate don't ya think?

I do not do mailings or leads. If I did it would be more of the graphic in your face type. The type people would say "damn, that is harsh, But true."

I also thought about having a pic of a young child holding up a Funeral Car Wash sign. And something like "for the price of a happy meal a week".

I guess there is a reason I do not do mailings.

Last edited:
Back