FE Mailer from Transamerica Life

I just turned 50 and got my first FE mailer.. the one that says ss only pays 225 toward funeral cost.. Down on the bottom, in fine print. it says that it is underwritten by transamamerica life. cedar rapids.. Do they do lead drops like Monumental does? Has anyone used them and what are the costs? thanks

I made the mistake of using them a while ago. supposedly a 2000 mail drop-- $800----

6 replies---4 potentials---2 appointments.

I lady couldn't get out of her sick bed, the other app't. stood me up.

Don't do it.

I made the mistake of using them a while ago. supposedly a 2000 mail drop-- $800----

6 replies---4 potentials---2 appointments.

I lady couldn't get out of her sick bed, the other app't. stood me up.

Don't do it.

That's a godawful response rate. Last mailer I sent I got 26 responses out of 1000. 4 sales. Ended up being 430$ to mail out and $900ish in first year commission. Med Supp mailer.

Still not as profitable as internet leads for me.

Over the last 10 yr i have seen the response rate drop from 2% to 1 1/2 to 1 to .05 to .03 %. Don't waste your money

I think direct mail all depends on what area you're mailing to. If the area is saturated with agents, good luck. If you only drop 1,000 mailers and try to judge...good luck. You were probably too broke to start a campaign. There are agents who work off the $255 lead cards and make big bucks each week. So you can't say that they're not worth it. You have to do what it takes to get in front of your prospects. You have to learn how to set appointments on the phone and overcome objections. If you can't set the appointment, door knock it a couple days later. Try to get in the door! You need to have plenty of leads to run to make it work. You can't run 15 leads and say direct mail doesn't work. The pro's are receiving 15-25 leads per week. They are not newbies. Many of them are experienced veterans. One of the guys here on the forum puts up over $2,000 AP each week and has done so for over a year straight, week in and week out!!! He does this only going out twice per week!!! So don't sit there and say it doesn't work. Maybe you're not working it, or don't have the training to make it work. Don't get me wrong, I know it's challenging but it can be done. So to make a long message short, it can be done.

I think direct mail all depends on what area you're mailing to. If the area is saturated with agents, good luck. If you only drop 1,000 mailers and try to judge...good luck. You were probably too broke to start a campaign. There are agents who work off the $255 lead cards and make big bucks each week. So you can't say that they're not worth it. You have to do what it takes to get in front of your prospects. You have to learn how to set appointments on the phone and overcome objections. If you can't set the appointment, door knock it a couple days later. Try to get in the door! You need to have plenty of leads to run to make it work. You can't run 15 leads and say direct mail doesn't work. The pro's are receiving 15-25 leads per week. They are not newbies. Many of them are experienced veterans. One of the guys here on the forum puts up over $2,000 AP each week and has done so for over a year straight, week in and week out!!! He does this only going out twice per week!!! So don't sit there and say it doesn't work. Maybe you're not working it, or don't have the training to make it work. Don't get me wrong, I know it's challenging but it can be done. So to make a long message short, it can be done.
Oh go blow your smoke up somebody else's @ss!
Show me the printout including the breakdown of what got issued did the draft go through and how many charge-backs. I'm no dummy I know he is working the hood and tell him to spray plenty of OFF on his clothes or else he will have roaches in his car and home.

I just wasted 410.00 on a 1,000 piece drop and received 8 responses and EVERY ONE OF THEM had NO CLUE what it was about and had ZERO interest once they found out.

One word: Demoralizing!!!

You are correct. Most agents were never TRAINED on how to work leads. They were given big contracts but NO training. That's why most of them fail.

Oh go blow your smoke up somebody else's @ss!
Show me the printout including the breakdown of what got issued did the draft go through and how many charge-backs. I'm no dummy I know he is working the hood and tell him to spray plenty of OFF on his clothes or else he will have roaches in his car and home.

I love agents like you, because your just leaving apps on the table.
and ill come and pick them right up from you.
If working in the hood is what's preventing you from succeeding you might as well go work at wally world .

A TansAmerica rep called me yesterday. He said he was recruiting FE agents in my area and had 4 he was comming to see. He wanted to set an appt to speak with me.

I'm always all ears but wanted to know more so I don't waste both of our time. I wanted to know what their "niche" is and how their rates compare to the other companies.

He said their niche is agents who work solo. He said We give top contracts with huge renewals to individual agents who want to build a renewal income stream. They don't play well with agencies who are building downlines.

I said OK it sounds like we should meet. How are your rates positioned? He got real defensive and said "Our rates are a little higher than the others but again we pay huge renewals and are looking for agents who want to be in this for the LONG HAUL. If you are just looking for quick and easy money with your upline getting all the renewals, we are not for you."

OK, how big are these renewals?

105% first year, 10% 2nd year 5% years 3-10 and 1% after....dead silence......

You've got to be kidding me. You want me to sell an overpriced product in order to lap up these HUGE 5% renewals? Do you really believe that is higher than me and every agent in the world already gets?

He seemed shocked that any agent with an upline gets any renewals at all.

From what I know, Transamerica is an OK FE company. I think my guy was just an *** who doesn't know anything about what any of the companies are paying. I'm not even sure their rates are that far out of line.

Same mailer as everyone else has been using for years.Postal rates are going up again.Much cheaper to buy a list.

Back