FE Rate Increases before year end

Trans is back, and I doubt we’ll see any changes out of AmAm.

Great western has a new Q1 2022 product coming out.

What new product from Gw ? A regular fe product ? Their billing atrocious so doesn’t matter . How is Trans back ? I thought they were sticky on pain meds which 90 % of fe clients use .

They are releasing a multi level product. I’m assuming pref, stand, etc. Guess we will see.

Trans, has great rates for healthy folk, still a good option for single impairment situations, and does have it’s place again in a active agents business.

Lower regulatory interest rates mean it takes more CV at lower interest to endow at age 100 like all WL must do. So, premiums have to increase for same death benefit, but will accumulate cash value quicker. I believe the only way a carrier won't be taking rate increase is if they were already using the lower non forfeiture interest rates before this year when the new lower Sustained interest rates kicked in. Regs force it to happen after X number of months or quarters of low Treasury rates, etc.

I will cede that you know far more about the nuts and bolts of this than I do.

I don’t know how or why but I know my primary companies have all said they are not having rate increases. And trans, while certainly not a primary company for me decreased rates.

And I really don’t care how. I just care that they are maintaining rates.

GCU and SNL have not said what they are doing as far as I know.

Lower regulatory interest rates mean it takes more CV at lower interest to endow at age 100 like all WL must do. So, premiums have to increase for same death benefit, but will accumulate cash value quicker. I believe the only way a carrier won't be taking rate increase is if they were already using the lower non forfeiture interest rates before this year when the new lower Sustained interest rates kicked in. Regs force it to happen after X number of months or quarters of low Treasury rates, etc.
I thought the required endowment age had been raised to 121.

I will cede that you know far more about the nuts and bolts of this than I do.

I don’t know how or why but I know my primary companies have all said they are not having rate increases. And trans, while certainly not a primary company for me decreased rates.

And I really don’t care how. I just care that they are maintaining rates.

GCU and SNL have not said what they are doing as far as I know.
SNL had a rate increase earlier in the year.

SNL had a rate increase earlier in the year.

Of course we know there are price busters out there…i.e. Lifeshield….etc….

Seems like Forester’s,Trans,Mutual come up as the low price carriers with name brands in the FE market for preferred NT.

In your territory,market how important is price ?

Do you feel you will close more using a company with a recognized name ?

Do you feel you are less likely to be replaced using a brand name ?

Back